Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone seen classics yet?

Options
  • 17-12-2006 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

The LOC Repaints turned up in Cork today... but I haven't seen the actual proper classics series.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

Rozie wrote:
    The LOC Repaints turned up in Cork today... but I haven't seen the actual proper classics series.

I saw the LOCs in Smyths in Liffey Valley last night and most of the rest of their TF stock (Cybertron) was pretty well run down and they seem to be reducing whats left.... a sign that they are on their way maybe??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Still no sign... sucks.

And I'm not paying 20 euros for Bumblebee! He's tiny. Just because it's "collector" stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I bought Mirage in Forbidden planet for €18.99 and got a friend of mine in America to send me over Astrotrain (costed roughly the same).
    To be honest both were worth the price.
    I also picked up LoC Fireflight and Trypticon. Fireflight is nice, Trypticion not so much...

Galvasean wrote:
    I bought Mirage in Forbidden planet for €18.99 and got a friend of mine in America to send me over Astrotrain (costed roughly the same).
    To be honest both were worth the price.
    I also picked up LoC Fireflight and Trypticon. Fireflight is nice, Trypticion not so much...

€18.99 is grand for FP Import prices... pretty good indeed, but I'd never pay that at retail. I want Bumbles, Roddy, Screamer, Grimmy and 'rage... that's nearly E100! Guess I'll give Roddy a miss for a while, he should be plentiful enough and I already have Excillion. Still really want him though. I'd probably only pick up Grimlock and Starscream from FP though, or maybe Grimlock and Mirage since Screamer should be out in the "real shops" soon. If they were cheap enough I'd pick up Astrotrain too, but his alt modes kinda suck. The original Astrotrain had cool Alt Modes but a poor robot mode.

What's wrong with Trypticon? I think the opposite. Fireflight is pretty horrid colours(the mould was great as a green Jetfire/Deadrock though), Trypitcon looks amazing... I'm in love with Trypti, personally. Yeah, he doesn't make sense as the original, but as a new character he's great, much better than the original Scourge.

xanthor wrote:
    They weren't imports. They were supplied by Hasbro U.K.
    Really? I could have sworn it was American packaging...

• Advertisement

xanthor wrote:
    It's not that unusual for Hasbro U.K. to use TFs in American packaging. They have done so every now and then all the way back to 84/85.
    Oh yeah, I remember now the 'Powerlinx Battles' Energon figures I got in Tesco had US packaging, which was actually illegal because they had those (lovely) drawings (by Don Figueroa) which 'don't accurately portray the toy inside' according to EU law.

Went around Dublin today, couldn't find a single one! All sold out in the comic shops and not in yet in the toy shops.

I was in Dublin today too. Smyths only had LoC Leo Prime, Fireflight and Perceptor.
    As for toymaster... well i think they want to fail as a business.

Hey, that shop in Temple Bar is great! Just don't buy TFs there/(actually, Laser Prime was only 50, not a bad price), he has no idea how to price them. A lot of "funny little shops" overestimate the worth of "Big Name" collector brands, so Transformers and Marvel Legends get pumped up.
    I picked up a Hellboy, LH Catwoman, some Poison Ivy figure for 15 euros each... I saw a similiar but less cool looking(no jacket) Hellboy in FP for 25 euros! I'm going there instead of FP anymore. He honestly has a lot of cool stuff.

I must admit to paying 35 euros for a Dawn figure though(would normally be about 15-20, I'd guess, being a McFarlane fig)... that thing is rare and difficult to find even on ebay, I'm a huge Dawn fan so imagine my surprise when she turned up in the middle of the Spawn figures he was sifting through!

Unfortunately I now think I've gotten the wrong Poison Ivy figure... not that I'd swap this one is beautiful! It's just too tall to fit in with any other Batman figures I have or am likely to get. And she's not green :(

I was nearly going to buy both, but I'd feel daft buying 3 red haired, green clad naturey chicks in the same go, after spending the first half hour enquiring about giant robots.

Anyone else get the feeling we won't be getting Classics at all?

After all, we didn't really see much of Alternators... getting just that two-pack in Argos is probably about consistent with the amount of Alts we got...

I wouldn't put it past Hasbro UK at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

Will argos have Classic Prime and Megs or the classics double pack with the dvd?

xanthor wrote:
    They're not that readily available in The U.K. Either. Hasbro U.K. are shipping them, retailers just haven't got them on the shelves.

Toy shop shelves are usually depleted this time of year, and retailers couldn't be blamed for wanting to focus on shifting Cybertron over the Xmas period before offering a new line for sale.

If there's still nothing a few months from now, then there's a problem.

If they want to ship Cybertron, they should seriously drop the price on the Supremes - most places are still charging E75 which is ridiculous.

xanthor wrote:
    *Rumour* has it that Argos are not happy with the way Hasbro U.K. sent them nothing but Evac, C.D. Hotshot and Downshift for several months, and will not be offering Deluxe or Voyager class toys for a while.

They weren't the only ones who got that stock. I was in town yesterday and those three were warming the shelves in most places...Toymaster on Jervis street especially.

I'm worried about this because if Argos do get the other classics (assuming the listing Xantor is talking about is the 2-pack), they usually only do a couple of each size range. Odds are the other toy shops could be limited to the same ones too.

FP were charging €85 for Cybertron Primus!!! I can understand overcharging on the harder to get stuff, but on something you can buy a lot cheaper 500 yards away??

xanthor wrote:
    Classics Prime and Megatron have filtered through to The Entertainer chain in The U.K.... the first (reported) sighting at a standard toy retailer there.

We can (probably) take that as a sign they'll be on shelves in the next two weeks or so.

Not so interested in the Voyagers... I can't afford E30 for a figure anyway. What about the deluxes?

Smyths in Cork says they're restocking on the 18th. I guess they'll have to get them in then, really.

The Toymaster on the corner still has Primus, they have early Energon toys too.... but even they sold out of Starscream...

Really? Would they have Downshift, Arcee, Bulkhead, Scorponok, Tow-line, Megs/Galvatron, any of the G1 Homages?

Rozie wrote:
    Really? Would they have Downshift, Arcee, Bulkhead, Scorponok, Tow-line, Megs/Galvatron, any of the G1 Homages?

Lots of Downshifts & Cybertron Defense Hot Shots

Didn't realise she meant Energon - its still to early in the morning for me to be reading posts properly!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I was in world of wonder in Tullamore the other day and the shelves are full on Cybertron stuff. I always found with the previous lines that WoW stocked the new stuff before Smyths, they did have the Classics legends of Cybertrons on the shelves IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

xanthor wrote:
    Anybody see anything new in Smyths yet?

(Not that i'm looking for them myself - just a *bump* for those who are.)

No checked all branchs of smyths here and not a classic to b found
    the transformers sections hadnt been touched nope not a single new transformer

xanthor wrote:
    ...and Classics is just about finished in The U.S. :(

I know
    If only Smyths would do some kind of ..........oh i dunno......... reset or something on their tf section

• Advertisement

That's absolutely ridiculous. Hasbro UK have to be one of the poorest distributers in the world.

Wave 3 is already shipping, and we don't have Wave 1.

I'd say we're not getting them at all at this stage, just whatever is in Argos.

They weren't even on Smyths' books last time I checked. I doubt they're getting them in at all.

Rozie wrote:
    They weren't even on Smyths' books last time I checked. I doubt they're getting them in at all.

Didnt the news of the 18th jan tf reset come from you ?

Dominatorx wrote:
    Didnt the news of the 18th jan tf reset come from you ?

Yeah, Smyths said they were restocking yesterday. I'm on my way into town to check now, but from the sounds of it no other Smyths have them in. Maybe they haven't restocked yet.

Smyths in Cork are a bit rubbish for TFs, to be honest. The Tescos in Wilton might be a better bet, I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

Looks like imports the only way to get em now

GWolf wrote:
    Looks like imports the only way to get em now

yup
    thankfully americans want alt ravages right now so tradey tradey

Advertisement