Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Kia Cee'd - have Kia finally got it right?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I have to say that the new Corolla, just like the Camry, are unbelievably bland looking cars. Toyota might as well be building washing machines as cars nowadays, they're about as attractive as them anyway.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

junkyard wrote:
    I have to say that the new Corolla, just like the Camry, are unbelievably bland looking cars. Toyota might as well be building washing machines as cars nowadays, they're about as attractive as them anyway.:rolleyes:

I'm fairly sure they do under some name that I can't recall, but Idoubt they go kaputt as often as your avg. tricity bendix

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

look at the amount of washing machines people buy! they must be on to a winner! (also - it's hardly less bland than a Jetta or Focus Saloon)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

junkyard wrote:

Better bland than broken imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

bazz26 wrote:
    Better bland than broken imo.
    Yeah but a little bit of styling would be nice, a little bit of detailing and a bit of chrome would go a long way as far as I'm concerned, it isn't as if they don't know how.

• Advertisement

junkyard wrote:
    Yeah but a little bit of styling would be nice, a little bit of detailing and a bit of chrome would go a long way as far as I'm concerned, it isn't as if they don't know how.

Generally saloon models in this class of car are way more conservative than the hatchback version. The saloon being aimed at the more mature customer. Most Corolla customers are brand loyal and buy generation after generation of the model so I think Toyota don't want to fix what isn't broken. Instead they are introducing the Auris hatchback for those that don't fit that mold. It is meant to appeal to a more younger customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

colm_mcm wrote:
    the new saloon is on the toyota ireland website, launch very soon. Auris won't be for another few months. not many old models knocking around, still very popular.

Colm do you work for Toyota.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

The Cee'd estate's rear is basically a copy of the Peugeot 407 estate.
    There was also a concept of a 3 door version which more resembled an Audi A3.

As for the corolla, well if its made in Turkey, i wont be buying one.

Wasn't your current car built in Turkey?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

my corolla built in turkey? no, according to the dealers, and ive asked quite a lot of them where the corolla saloon is built, as opposed to the verso and the hatchback.

As regards launching the car here in January, the car was only launched in October last. The previous model had been launched in September 2000 but didnt launch here till December 2001 which was well over a year. And as to what cars it looks like, bit of jetta and some saab thrown in as well. I dont like the black interior and I think it doesnt have the chrome on the window louvres....

• Advertisement

G Luxel wrote:
    my corolla built in turkey? no, according to the dealers, and ive asked quite a lot of them where the corolla saloon is built, as opposed to the verso and the hatchback.

We have been through this before. The Corolla saloon has been built in Turkey since 2002 along with the estate and current Verso. The hatchback is built in the UK since 1997. Whatever dealers you have been talking to are telling porkies.

yup, if your chassis number begins with NMTBM it was built in Turkey. (also there seems to be no difference in quality of UK or Turkish models, so I don't see what the problem with Turkey is..)

Advertisement