Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Strange question about buying in the UK

Options
  • 17-12-2006 3:49am
    Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Say I was thinking about buying a car from the UK would they except mine as a trade in even though it was an Irish reg.

Thanks
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Probably not, it would depend on what the car was but for an run of the mill box I can't imagine any dealer being too keen on taking in an import.

Even if they did the price you would get would not be worth it. UK buyers in general are not keen on imports so it would be valued low to take account of that and the cost/hassle of re-registering it.

Sell the car privately or if it is fairly new and in good condition take it to a dealer here and sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭djeclips

Hey tcp/ip,

I would imagine you would be able to sell th Tf no problem over here as their still quite saught after,at the right price of course.....You considering a 260:eek: ??

Col.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Hi Col

I think I will do just that you interested ha ha yes the next car is the ZT 260

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭djeclips

Oh My God!!! Thats all I can say to that......Just imagine that 4.6 V8 Growling back at you.....Fair play,yea mad thing.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

yeah its a monster and was reading up there is a supercharger availiable for it as well as an extra that is when the fun really begins

• Advertisement
Advertisement