Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology For The Modern World(URGENT ANSWERS NEEDED)

Options
  • 17-12-2006 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

i know theres at least one or two of you that were lucky enough to pick this electice i just have a couple of questions about it..
    is the exam tomorrow from the start of term or from the last test?
    And is anyone actually doing much study for it?i got 68% in the assessment and 80% for all my assignments..have i nearly passed or what?and is the test tomorrow negative marking(i presume so yea ..?)

iv got a pretty tough exam on tuesday that im real worried about so want to do as little as possible for biology today..any answers to these questions would be great :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

All the answers to those questions are in your course outline. Is there a copy on blackboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

no iv looked there and the questions arent answered,all the lecturer has put up is the lecture notes and not even all of them at that :(

Ballerina wrote:
    And is anyone actually doing much study for it?i got 68% in the assessment and 80% for all my assignments..have i nearly passed or what?and is the test tomorrow negative marking(i presume so yea ..?)
    ok ok my bad iv got the answers to the other questions but whatb about this one?:rolleyes:
    oh and are we not being asked about the cancer lectures because he didnt mention them in that announcement about how many questions are coming from each lecturer...

(oh and im terribly sorry but)how are we going to be asked questions on the fossils and climate lectures...werent they all just graphs graoh and more graphs??(and some pictures of her trip?!)

that is all
    (terms and conditions apply)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Where did you find the answers to your other Qs?

well martin sheer posted an announcement saying how many questions would be from each lecturers stuff and therell be 8 on his and he hasnt lectured since the test...and im assuming its negative marking because the last one was...are you doing this elective??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Well the cancer lectures could be in the 8 Martin Sheer Qs cause he says they include guest speakers. As for the fossils + climate stuff I think having a rough idea of what the graphs indicate will prob cover some of the Qs (not that bad cause some of them are kinda repeated.

The test will cover all the lectures, though I'm pretty sure it'll have more Qs on the stuff covered after the test, thou the stuff that was on the test is examinable.

I'm pretty sure it'll be negative marking of - 0.25, n the test is worth 50%. I'm doing this elective (Kapt isn't, I don't think). I skipped the last 5 weeks of lectures, just went to the tutorials for the marks, haven't started studying, have another test to study for tomorrow which is a core subject yet I'm still not worried about it. I think a flick through the notes, + knowing about bio in general (I'm doing physio so I'm a bit bio geeky anyway...) will be grand. I probably should be more concerned but I'm really not! I have fate that the LC bio knowledge will cover me for some of the Qs.

i thought id get the answers from you alright ;) think i remember you saying about doing it a while back(im not a stalker...)

(up physio btw!!ha ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Ballerina wrote:
    i thought id get the answers from you alright ;) think i remember you saying about doing it a while back(im not a stalker...)

(up physio btw!!ha ha)

Glad to be of help, I think the exam will take about 20 mins so it'll be grand :), bar the fact that it's @ 9am...

Also, post 500, WOOT!

Advertisement