Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best tribute album

• 17-12-2006 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Just thinking what do you think is the best tribute album out there? I'd have to say "RAMONES - We're a happy family" Rob Zombie, Pearl Jam, Zeke, RHCP, Metallica to name just a few. Its really really really good. Great versions of old ramones songs. Second on the list would be "MISFITS - Violent World" Pennywise, Deadguy, Snapcase, Sick Of It All its really good too.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i like both of them

hayseed dixies tribute to acdc is good but the best is 'look at the love we've found' sublime tribute, its got no doubt, pennywise, jack johnson, blackalicious, fishbone on it...great stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

"Working Man", a Rush tribute album. Steve Morse, Devin Townsend, James LaBrie, Billy Sheehan, Mike Portnoy, John Petrucci and more. IT's ridiculously good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I've never heard a good tribute album. Even when it's a tribute to an artist I like made by artists I like, I never feel like listening to them. The only one I'd put on any more than once a year would be the Joy Division tribute A Means to an End with the Smashing Pumpkins (as Starchildren), Low, Girls Against Boys and others that I forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'd have to say a Kiss tribute album I heard a while ago, Spin The Bottle. I'm not a big fan of Kiss at all, but this album I thought was cool. Got me wanting to listen to actual Kiss then, but I can't say I enjoyed that too much! No actual bands play on the album, just a load of musicians, the likes of Paul Gilbert, Vinnie Colaiuta, Buzz Osborne and Mike Inez on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭gokgok

nativity in black 1 and 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Fade to Bluegrass ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Fade to Bluegrass ftw.
    QFT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

The metal tribute to ABBA is pretty excellent, with the likes of Therion, Flowing Tears and Sinergy (and loads of bands I've never heard of but do great covers of ABBA songs.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Nightwish wrote:
    The metal tribute to ABBA is pretty excellent, with the likes of Therion, Flowing Tears and Sinergy (and loads of bands I've never heard of but do great covers of ABBA songs.)

ooh, I love that album :D

Gimme gimme gimme and Waterloo are excellent. Oooh, and Glow's version of Dancing Queen.

Advertisement