Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

satellite letter

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

woodser wrote:
    At Last someone talking sense and keeping to the facts as they are as well as offering the most probable out come.I,ve see apt blocks where sky have shared out the system through one dish just as ntl supply the whole of charlesland with just one mmds mast.however upon enquiring to sky they said that they could do this however the developers and management companies have leased the cabling in the estate to ntl and only one service can run on this cabling.It would mean sky running cabling along all the ducts in the estate and to each house.However I was informed in turn that ntl are bringing their terrestrial service to charlesland and doing away with the mmds everyone signed up at the moment will get a 40 gig box on which they will be able to record programs etc on.

i'd imagine that with NTL and Chorus now under the same ownership, they'll link the Charlesland system into the Greystones system at the same time that they're upgrading the latter.

The hard-disk recorder (DVR) is already available - much discussion of it on the Cable board (though theres some dispute as to whether its available for MMDS customers).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 lorrie

Been away but got letter before I left - not sure if any of this is already covered in earlier posts as just skimmed them but wonder if the 'Board' who decided the dishes were unsightly actually live here in Charlesland? With so many Sky dishes here shouldn't we, the householders and tenants, be allowed to take a vote on this and decide for ourselves. Has it not occurred to them there's a reason we've got the dishes - the alternative just isn't good enough.

Oh - how timely the Chorus/ntl people are mailing us with a new service. It's just not Sky+

Advertisement