Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 4 questions

Options
  • 17-12-2006 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭

just ordered Quake 4 yesterday on ebay hopefully it will be here for xmas :) but 2 questions.

1. Does anyone run Quake 4 using the linux binary and if so does it run nice and fluidly?

2. Is there many good Irish lowping servers around?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

There's no Quake 4 servers in Ireland as far as I'm aware.
    Not sure anyone is still playing it even. try over on http://www.quake.ie since that's where any of the active Irish players hang out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

The quake4 scene lasted about 2 months in Ireland really. They all moved back to UT/q3/qw/ET after that. If you're gonna get q4, get it for single player. Though I hear the multiplayer was greatly improved with the release of some patch, that doesn't change the fact that there isn't an irish community at the moment (well, that I'm aware of, anyway.).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

well is there any good European servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Quake 4 will run just as well in Linux as in Windows, same as the other Quakes. Regarding multiplayer servers, one of the main reasons why I quit Quake 4 is because there were no good servers (back when the game was at its height), so there probably aren't a lot of active public servers. You might have to get to know some clans on IRC and use their private servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I'm sure that won't be an issue :)
    Thanks for the info..

• Advertisement
Advertisement