Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carol siniging this Thursday

Options
  • 17-12-2006 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

Spread a little bit of xmas cheer this year.......
    So.....
    We've got the permit
    We've got the good cause
    We've got the season
    Now all we need is.............YOU!

Where?Xmas tree at the top of Grafton Street
    When? Thursday 21st December
    Time? Half 5 onwards
    What U need to bring: Santa hats,tinsel,raindeer horns and most importantly lots of christmas cheer....and remember to wrap up warm!

If anyone can play an instrument then bring them along too.Recorders,guitars,violins even lutes!Anything goes!

Why?If you've just finished your exmas then nothing beats belting out a few Christmas numbers on Grafton street for a good cause.There will be lots of fun and frolics to be had!We'll be singing a mix of Xmas ttunes from Silent night to Wham.All lyrics will be provided and all musical tastes catered for!

Charity? The rose project
    http://www.roseproject.com/contact.html
    Hopefully world aods day will still be fresh in peoples minds and so we'll be able to raise a decent amount.

Dont be worried if you think your voice isnt up to scratch. Simon,Louis and Sharon rang to say they wont be there so no one will be judging you.We dont want Diva Mariahs or Christinas.This is all just a bit of craic at Christmas time to raise a bit of money for a good cause.
    But If you really dont want to sing we need bucket collecters too!

So come one and come all and do your bit for the world this Christams time!

For the alcoholic Boardies we'l probably be hitting bruxelles afterwards for a little mulled wine!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I'll be heading along to it it'll be good craic before I go on the lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Wish I could, sounds like fun, but I won't be in Dublin. Although Bruxelles... emm... eww?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Flight's in at 1:10pm, should get Aircoach back to UCD for about 2-ish... yeah, count me in. :)

I'll say we'll go to one of the End of Exam parties which are all on in Tramco, XXI and Tripod.Take your pick..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Flight's in at 1:10pm, should get Aircoach back to UCD for about 2-ish... yeah, count me in. :)

Cool!I bet we'll be the only carol singers on Grafton street with an act flying all the way in from Germany!

Anyone who wants to come along either just show up on the day or pm me!The more the merrier!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I am unfortunately unable to attend - having drinks with my lecturers to celebrate the end of exams - too good an opportunity to pass up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I'll be in town with Scraggeh Jr. so I'll make a donation and sing along ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I didnt know you had kids. Where did you find them?

Scraggs wrote:
    I'll be in town with Scraggeh Jr. so I'll make a donation and sing along ;)

Thans Scraggs!All donations will be most welcome!
    Is the world ready for a scraggs junior yet?!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭GusherING

Have to say this was great fun. Kudos to panda for organising it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

GusherING wrote:
    Have to say this was great fun. Kudos to panda for organising it!!
    You were there:eek: ?
    Who were you?

I was the tall guy, brown hair at the middle part at the back of the choir, stood next to Dan Hayden for most of it. My mate was the guy in the pink and blue jumper (which is an awful combo for a jumper if I say so myself :rolleyes: ).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

It was uber class. I am uber class at collecting money :) And Donal has a voice to melt cheddar (seeing as the very aptly named singingstranger has probably got butter Tm'ed by now, I'm not gonna risk using it)

I thought I could make it to the carol singing after my exam but it wasn't possible.

Anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I wanted to go but I had a party to be organisin'. Ah well, carol service this evening followed by christmas ball!! Whoop whoop!! Hope you guys raised loads of money. That SS is infuriatingly good alright!

GusherING wrote:
    I was the tall guy, brown hair at the middle part at the back of the choir, stood next to Dan Hayden for most of it. My mate was the guy in the pink and blue jumper (which is an awful combo for a jumper if I say so myself :rolleyes: ).

His 'friend' was the guy who was in alliance with the grafton street Knackers and who stepped on their stink bomb :D
    Really thanks to evryone who came.Unoffcial raising figures at the mo are 400 euro which is great going!
    ThanK God for Donal and Singing stranger though they really saved the day. Was funny though when we started into a song with gusto and then started trailing off in the second sentence when we realised no one knew the tune or the words!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

panda100 wrote:
    we started into a song with gusto and then started trailing off in the second sentence when we realised no one knew the tune or the words!
    Don't you mean, sang the verse, sang the chorus, resang the same verse, sang the chorus twice then ended with everyone on a different note :D
    Many angels were out that night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

panda100 wrote:
    Unoffcial raising figures at the mo are 400

Nice! I wonder how much of it was pity money though, or money to get us to stop our warbling? :rolleyes:

But yeah, thanks for organising it Panda, was a bit of craic anyway and helped a nice cause.

gubbie wrote:
    Don't you mean, sang the verse, sang the chorus, resang the same verse, sang the chorus twice then ended with everyone on a different note :D

Yep that sums it up alright!:D

Oh by the way it was the 'lefts' who threw the stinkbomb at us I have it on good authority and they specifially aimed it at me so Im sorry it hit your friend gushering. :) I suppose we did deserve the stinkbomb though as we did ehhh stink!!:D

panda100 wrote:
    Yep that sums it up alright!:D

Oh by the way it was the 'lefts' who threw the stinkbomb at us I have it on good authority and they specifially aimed it at me so Im sorry it hit your friend gushering. :) I suppose we did deserve the stinkbomb though as we did ehhh stink!!:D

Ha! ;) The singing was atrocious at the best of times. I thought our strongest songs were the Twelve Days of Christmas and Away in a manger by a mile!

• Advertisement
Advertisement