Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why??

Options
  • 17-12-2006 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

why must bushy be supervised?? i got kicked by one of those faggots last weekend because i was sitting down talking to my friend who didnt have a helmet!? im all for helmets while skating in the bowl but it shouldnt be compulsory for anywhere else...

plus, im pretty sure bushy is the only supervised public skatepark, anywhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Well, its the first public deasent park that we have ever had in this country so I always wear a helmet.
    But also, once anyone is inside those gates they need to be wearing a helmet.
    What if a spectator got lashed in the head with a board or bmx? they'd close it down saying "Sorry lads it didnt work out"
    Its "them" not "us" but hey "they" built it!
    Street skating seems a lot more appealing since "they" built bushy....

Sorry bout his rant and respect to the skaters and bmx's who got our sh1t a$$ goverment and councils to build it ..........my perfect bush!!!! LOL
    Enough ranting....
    Worst thing about skating in this country is the weather!:(

!Spelling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

Unfortunately lads Ken is completely correct.
    Nobody WANTS to wear a helmet (unless you've cracked your head before)
    but the reality is that the insurance for Bushy has been provided on the basis that helmets are worn at all times.

That said, gettin grief when you're just sittin there is bang out of order.
    I was there on Saturday (tho it was too wet to really skate) & I had this exact conversation with a lad. He seemed like an alrite fella, but after explainin the situation he proceeds to skate around the park with no helmet.

Lads, there are a group of residents in Rathdown (local housing estate) who are lookin for any excuse to close the park.
    I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT. They're still writing letters to the council & complainin whenever they get a chance.
    These people don't see skateparks as a positive thing, so we need to prove 'em wrong.

Greystones will be finished end of Jan/early Feb - Gorey about the same time & Lucan is obviously up & running.
    For the 1st time in the history of Ireland, we'll actually have a CHOICE of which concrete parks we wanna skate!!!! :D
    I heard at da weekend that Portobello has ben knobbed & we all know that good spots are hard to come by.

Eventually everythin will calm down & helmets won't be such a big deal.
    Until then we all need to be smart & make sure that 'they' can't mess anything up for us.

Happy Christmas

JohnBoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Well said John and sorry for my ranting...I was a bit p1ssed!
    Oh and Happy Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 fionn001

formerly f

Advertisement