Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uninstall xp2 and go back to xp1

• 17-12-2006 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

I want to uninstall xp2 but don't have the option in add or remove programs. What else can I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Is the "Show Updates" box checked on the Add\Remove Programs window?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Can I ask why ?

You leave yourself open to a vast range of security vulnerabilities & are just asking for trouble.

If there is a problem with the system it is more than likely an issue with the OS or hardware rather than SP2 itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Is it causing problems for you? I don't think your Windows Updates will come through if you have SP1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Basically I had to borrow an xp2 disc because the explorer.exe file (not the IE file) was deleted and I couldn't find my own xp1 disc. I wanted to replace the file, had to use the upgrade option, now I get prompts to register the os but I don't want to, cause its not mine.
    So I thought I would copy explorer.exe to a flash drive, uninstall xp2 and go back to the original that I have a product key for. Does that make sense?:(

If you have a valid license key it should work as long as you are using the same version of the OS to upgrade (XP Home SP1 to XP Home SP2, ditto for Professional).

• Advertisement

I tried that but it didn't work, "Incorrect product key" apparently,even though I know its not. I checked the disc and it says its home edition as well so that shouldn't be problem.

Is your Home version OEM (did you get it with the machine) and this is a retail disk you're using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

its a different product sku so keys wont work from one to the other.
    however, im not sure how you installed without a valid key.

i dont understand what youve done or are trying to do.
    call product activation and tell them your key isnt working.
    they should be able to help you if all youve done is install service pack 2...

Ok thanks. I know that it asked me for the product key when I was upgrading it and it was entered right then, so I don't know why it won't work now. But I will ring the company thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

online activation doesnt work for oem anymore afaik.
    you just have to call them and go though the automated menu

• Advertisement
Advertisement