Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upton Park

• 17-12-2006 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Just wondered as Im watching the game today....how did West Ham make their pitch so wide over the last few seasons :confused: You will see now that theres plenty of room beside the touchline and behind one of the goals...almost like a running track? But in the 90's I remember the pitch was as tight as a cavan mans arse and the crowd were almost on top of the pitch! Anybody else remember ? One game in particular made me think of it, which was the day Utd drew 1-1 with the hammers and Blackburn won the title. Just one of those things that got me thinking today :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Sizzler wrote:
    Just wondered as Im watching the game today....how did West Ham make their pitch so wide over the last few seasons :confused: You will see now that theres plenty of room beside the touchline and behind one of the goals...almost like a running track? But in the 90's I remember the pitch was as tight as a cavan mans arse and the crowd were almost on top of the pitch! Anybody else remember ? One game in particular made me think of it, which was the day Utd drew 1-1 with the hammers and Blackburn won the title. Just one of those things that got me thinking today :o
    They redeveloped parts of the stadium recently and I think the TV cameras are now on the other side and slightly higher up but I might be thinking of Stamford Bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The ground had a new stand built running the length of the ground as recently as 2001. It would simply be a matter of starting it further out than the old one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I actually thought the pitch looked more narrow today, the way the cameras are positioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

kinaldo wrote:
    They redeveloped parts of the stadium recently and I think the TV cameras are now on the other side and slightly higher up but I might be thinking of Stamford Bridge.
    Yes the camera is on the other side this season.
    Makes the pitch look smaller .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Pigman II wrote:
    The ground had a new stand built running the length of the ground as recently as 2001. It would simply be a matter of starting it further out than the old one.

Aha....sound. I can sleep soundly tonight now :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement