Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Motek Just Died, did I burn it out ?

• 17-12-2006 7:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭

My Motek 2100 just died and am stuck on 5e , ..Channel 6 for next week ...lucky me...

Its been loyal to me for last few years and am worried I may have burned it out by incorrectly setting it up on my Dreambox 7020.
    I did notice that it turned very fast using the Dreambox compared to the pc and am worried that was because too much juice was going to it.

Can anyone with a Dreambox or knowledge of these things confirm the setting in the screen cap is correct before I go and burnout another motor!

motor_config_7020.png

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

It's unlikely that you could burn out a motor with a receiver - the other way around is possible in which case you wouldn't be able to watch any channels on the dreambox.

Prob just a confused motor.

Can you manually move the dish using the buttons on the motor? Also try reseting the motor by keeping the small reset switch pressed for 5 seconds or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I have a switch for changing between the PC and the Dreambox, and unfortunately the PC can't move the motor either which pretty much rules out a receiver fault.
    I did try resetting already but no joy, will try again next weekend when have light, other than that it looks like motor failure :(

Am very concerned that the motor power settings I've configured are wrong on the Dreambox, hoping someone here with a Motek can can tell me their settings before I install another motor.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

200ma should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

A PC card is underpowered and would be expected to drive the motor slower than a receiver. The power out from the dreambox is correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Is it actually receiving? If it isn't check the connections.

• Advertisement

watty wrote:
    Is it actually receiving? If it isn't check the connections.

Yep receiving fine, watching Channel 6 and "Enter" for music..bugger all else on that sat (*ahem*) to view all night.

Think when I was setting up the east west limits on the dish I didn't realise how far east and west the motor had already turned and reckon that's where things went tits up- the dish was pressing against the mount a couple of times when I went out to have a look at why I couldn't get any signal when I thought I should have been pointed a 42e etc.

Have ordered a new Motek and will set up on Saturday, my new neighbours will think I'm nuts spending another day farting around at the dish again!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Gargantuan

Longfield wrote:
    Have ordered a new Motek and will set up on Saturday, my new neighbours will think I'm nuts spending another day farting around at the dish again!

I know the feeling buddy ,messing around with a satellite all day and keep think what the hell do the neighbour think i am up to.
    Trying to get NBC one night at 12:30 in morning to watch my name is earl and get some strange looks, but can't help myself ........

Gargantuan wrote:
    I know the feeling buddy ,messing around with a satellite all day and keep think what the hell do the neighbour think i am up to.
    Trying to get NBC one night at 12:30 in morning to watch my name is earl and get some strange looks, but can't help myself ........

Lol, you must really like that show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

I was up on the roof of an office block on a Saturday afternoon lining up a big motorised dish and had the Garda Helicopter circling around for about five minutes watching what I was at.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Gargantuan

:D:D:D LOL classic......they must have nothing better to do , what did the think you were doing? Fools

• Advertisement
Advertisement