Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rocky to be at Raw!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Why is the show a 3 hour special? because of Sylvester Stallone. Tbh i'd be more interested if it was The Rock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Stalfos wrote:
    Why is the show a 3 hour special? because of Sylvester Stallone. Tbh i'd be more interested if it was The Rock.

They were given a couple of 3 hour specials by the USA network I presume.

The obvious is an angle to set up Rocky Balboa vs. Thunder Lips II for Wrestlemania! I bet it would draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I think that wwe are now trying to go down the road of getting celebrities to appear on their shows....
    K-fed is having a match with john cena
    sly stallone is appearing this week
    Melina supposedly called parish hilton out on an american talk show that she was on recently......
    Although it will get people to tune in,I think that it will make WWE an even bigger joke than it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

As far as I know, USA wanted the 3 hour specials and in fact wanted WWE to do more 3 hour specials then they are commited to, but WWE haggled them down. I guess from WWE's and Stallones point, it makes sense that he appears as, naturally enough, there is crossover appeal between the two audiences on top of the fact of Hogan appearing in one of the movies.

I also read, I think on Rajah, that Flair and Hogan will be watching closely to see how popular the new Rocky is with audiences with a view to proposing that they get a title run ( I presume in the 'over aged underdog' role that the new movie is about)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I must say i'm dissapointed....I thought the great one was finally returning.

That said, I hope to God that WWE don't use him in a storyline! As Vince said, if they do have Rocky Balboa vs. Thunder Lips II, it will draw, but it would totally suck! Hogan would be better off trying to pull a good match against Big Show out of his ass!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Minto wrote:

That said, I hope to God that WWE don't use him in a storyline! As Vince said, if they do have Rocky Balboa vs. Thunder Lips II, it will draw,

I was kidding you know!

But Stallone is hot right now, at least for this month and I see no harm in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well this is an actual big name celebrity but I too would have preferred to see The Rock.

I just hope the WWE don't blow it. Knowing them they'll put Cena and Stallone in the ring together.

"Hey yo John I'm a big fan of your movie The Marine. And I know you're gonna beat up Kevin Federline bro."

"Thanks dude. Appreciate it homie."

Ugh...I just scared the hell out of myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

As said,there's talk of Flair doing a Rocky and having one more run with the gold,think DX will back Flair to the hilt for one more ride up Space Mountain...WHOOOO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i imagine stallones appearance will be like Arnies on Smackdown when he decked Triple H, HHH basically disrespected him as he was sitting ringside then he got out of the ring and went over to the barrier and tried to "hit" him, Arnie blocked it and decked him. if i remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Just as long as Sly doesn't bring Hogan along with him!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Minto wrote:

Me too! :(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

i imagine stallones appearance will be like Arnies on Smackdown when he decked Triple H, HHH basically disrespected him as he was sitting ringside then he got out of the ring and went over to the barrier and tried to "hit" him, Arnie blocked it and decked him. if i remember correctly.

I wouldn't say that at all. Reading it there, it says he's granted WWE an exclusive interview, so it could just be him sittin in a studio somewhere and talkin about the film and Hogan for a minute. I just wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't physically at the show

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

maybe he could be the first to beat the masterlock challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

^ That would be typical WWE.

Personally I would like to see Flair hold the title again but only for a short time. A month max. It wouldn't really bother anyone if it was that short and it would give auld Flair a boost. It would be a bad idea for Hogan to get it again. The guy just can't handle it in the ring anymore plus Flair desreves it alot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well that stunk...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

yes it did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Well that stunk...

It did, but at least it wasn't as bad as we all thought it might have been!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

WTF was that sh1t!

Very VERY disappointed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Gillie wrote:
    WTF was that sh1t!

Very VERY disappointed!

co-sign.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Was it only the interview. I seen that and then went to bed but I was thinking to myself that they surely cant just leave it there after promoting it for a few weeks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement