Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

"Paradise Lost" lost it over the years?

• 17-12-2006 7:44pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Im curious to see if there are paradise lost fans who like all the work as opposed to me who just likes their albums upto Draconian Times.

I cant get into the later albums, it even feels like a different band. Very industrial sounding.

Any views?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I wouldn't call the later stuff industrial at all. More electro pop. A couple of the songs I liked because they sound like Depeche Mode (like "Host") but the old stuff is a million times better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭thebourke

saw them on the icon tour in 93.vicar street...then knows as the tivoli..great gig...they have lost it since then...gone way too soft!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

i think they have gone from strength to strength. ..but i am a big fan of depeche mode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭scubagit

Saw them in MCGonagles on the Gothic tour. Can't remember who they were supporting but they blew me away. Wasn't a fan of anything after Icon though. By the way Vicar St and the Tivoli are 2 different venues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I thought Host was poo when I bought it and gave up on them until the latest album.
    The latest album was quite good so I went back and listened to Host again which grew on me with time.
    I also got Symbol of Life which I thought was really good, didnt get Believe in Nothing but its sounds very mellow.

I was glad to see them supporting Opeth recently as the last time I saw them was for the Draconian Times gig in the SFX but I was disappointed there was no material from Icon.
    Icon is my fav without a doubt and I too prefer the stuff up to Draconian but the last album showed signs of returning to the heavier sound

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Have to say, they no longer interest me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I liked their stuff up to DT too, then they went the way of Theatre of Tragedy, but their latest album Paradise Lost is pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

i have to say i started off listening to their newer stuff and then got their early stuff and i much prefer the older stuff, particularly gothic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I decided to drag up this thread after getting the new album.

Jesus I am well impressed. It has a much heavier sound than the previous albums. Nicks voice sounds good too.

Looking forward to hearing this live thats if they come back after their Opeth support slot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I saw them at the Download festival, and they were exceptionally good, far better than the times I've seen them before. I may infact be tempted to get their new album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

i think they have gone from strength to strength. ..but i am a big fan of depeche mode

i still maintain what this fella said, he knows what he is on about.:D

the new album is also excellent, what little i have heard of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I have their first three albums, and funnily enough yesterday I was listening to some of their stuff on a Kerrang! vinyl from about 12 or 15 years ago. It's all good stuff. But I saw them live with Opeth last November and thought they were dire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Alucard II

Nea wrote:
    if they come back after their Opeth support slot.
    dear god, they were so awful at that gig. they just invented new levels of suckage.

Advertisement