Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weekend away in ireland for my parents

Options
  • 17-12-2006 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

i was thinking of booking a weekend away for the folks for christmas .Can anyone suggest a decent hotel or place in ireland outside dublin .

was thinking of galeway but any other suugestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Galway Bay hotel in Salthill, Galway is lovely, but expensive.

Arbutus Hotel in Killarney is nice too, Parents stayed there recently and couldnt reccomend it enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 cooboo

Well Lynch Hotels are doing great deals at the mo'.. I am sending my mam and dad to the Breffy House hotel and Spa in Castlebar.. Its very reasonable.
    If you go onto the Lynch Hotels website you will see that theres lots of hotels and locations to choose from..

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

Carlton Hotel in Kinsale, Cork. Just recently opened and is supposed to be great sending my parents there over christmas

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Myself and my 3 sisters sent our parents off to Ashford Castle for a night, they absolutely loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

eoinf wrote: »
    i was thinking of booking a weekend away for the folks for christmas .Can anyone suggest a decent hotel or place in ireland outside dublin .

was thinking of galeway but any other suugestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Eoin

The Ormande Hotel In kilkenny is fantastic, Its in the centre and also nearly right across from kilkenny castle..

• Advertisement
Advertisement