Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Sheet Music

Options
  • 17-12-2006 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of sites where I can get free sheet music?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I've found it's very difficult to find free sheet music, cos when you search for it you usually just get brought to loads of companies that actually charge you for any music.

I've been able to find some music by googling the actual song name, the singer/composer and 'sheet music'. I got some Beethoven, REM and other random stuff that way. Maybe try that?

Is there anything specific that you're looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Again, I found it extremely difficult to get sheet music. I did eventually end up using PowerTab, granted it's only the Guitar Sheet music, but it's a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

It depends on who you're looking for. There are certain sites out there but eh... ya know...

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

This is head recking trolling through all the sites, I`am trying to get sheet music for Howard Blake`s the Snowman (walking through the air) for a recorder for my young daughter. I`ll tell ye it near impossible. Any help in the right direction would help. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Try sheetmusicdirect.com A legitimate on-line site.
    They give a one page preview of the music too, so if you didn't want to stump up the money, your daughter could play the first 8 bars over and over. I'm sure that wouldn't wreck your head at Christmas at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

Cheers Noby found it and she`s having a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

http://www.8notes.com/ is pretty good.

If anyone is looking for Jazz lead sheets or anything drop me a pm I have a load of sheet music and things I transposed myself! And I suppose if you're really stuck I could have a look and transpose something within reason..

Fusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

There are virtually no free sheet music websites :(

Advertisement