Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

breath testers

Options
  • 17-12-2006 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone has used the breath testers that are available.
    I never drink and drive and try not to drink on weeknights ,but I've often went out in the morning with a sore head and wondered if I was alright to drive.

I can imagine how easy it is for someone to run out in front of a car ,in the pis*ins of rain on their way to work and not be as visible as normal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,990 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I tried one before after I had several pints and was quite merry to say the least. The tester said I was fit to drive. POS. Can't remember which brand of tester it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Would be interested in one of these too.
    Often have driven with a bad hangover after a Saturday night and wondered if I was over the limit still.
    Is there any accurate meter out there that would be able to test breath like the one the Garda use?
    If I was over the limit would simply stay at home.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Interesting article in the Irish Farmers Journal on them this week. Might be an excuse to pay a visit to Easons!

They do seem like a thing that will sell well, in particular where people are concerned about the morning after the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,990 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I think this was the one I tried:

8557.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Was reading that most of these aren't worth while, and even if you pass, you may still fail on a Garda one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭dubstub

Was talking to a mate who picked up one in Finland. He went out on the batter and tested himself in work the next day, at 3pm. Despite feeling ok, he was still two times over the limit. :eek:

Advertisement