Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results

Options
  • 17-12-2006 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭

so whats the sceal with the results, when are they out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

We go to UCD. They dont tell us things like that.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

You will get your results between January and March (subject to extenuating factors).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

The earliest possible date is 5 working days after the first "school board" or what ever its called meeting of the new term

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

January......2009

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

between january and march.....thats a bit of a joke! oh well
    cant wait to get out of this shít hole!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

tintinr35 wrote:
    oh well cant wait to get out of this shít hole!
    QFMFT!!

what??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Quoted for Mother-****ing Truth.

They're agreeing with you.

i see thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

As said before, all examination papers recieved by UCD up until this point, left on a container ship this morning, bound for panama. UCD get them back when the ship gets to panama, and they realise it doesn't fit through the canal anymore. So they're delivered back, then UCD marks them )or flushes them down the toilet, then you get your mark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

The registrar's email sent to me has confirmed ''Semester 1 assessments will be released on Monday the 29th of January.''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

/gets out handy U.C.D. translation pocket book
    ''Semester 1 assessments will be released on Monday the 29th of January.''

Translation - Late Febuary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Whelo10

I just got an email from UCD sayin that the results will be out on the Monday the 29th of January, whether thats January 2007, or 2008 im not sure though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

jan 29th...or so they say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Their get out clause is they didn't say which January. Crafty Brady.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

What a pile of twat. So what you're saying is I'll be back to college when they come out and I'll have to be surrounded by people who'll ask me how I did. That's not how it works. Exam results come out when college isn't on, you get them alone, and then if you've done well you contact people as and when you want to. If wireless goes down and/or there are impossible computer queues on the 29th, I'm writing a strongly worded letter...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

elmyra wrote:
    What a pile of twat. So what you're saying is I'll be back to college when they come out and I'll have to be surrounded by people who'll ask me how I did. That's not how it works. Exam results come out when college isn't on, you get them alone, and then if you've done well you contact people as and when you want to. If wireless goes down and/or there are impossible computer queues on the 29th, I'm writing a strongly worded letter...
    pish posh just tell them that you did grand and if they ask for anything else then tell them you don't like discussing them. Thats what I do whether they're good or bad so that people can never tell. I always find if you tell people then you automatically judge your result some way to theirs and that can either can make you feel superior or the other one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

elmyra wrote:

Relax, nobody really gives a sh*t how you did, they're just being polite.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i have my spam filter trained to spot the VP students emails. be warned 1st years, results are never out on the day you expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

DaveMcG wrote:
    Relax, nobody really gives a sh*t how you did, they're just being polite.

Were you being supportive there or just plain mean?:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

A little bit from column A, a little bit from column B......... ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

how can it take so fkin long to mark some papers, so annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

valor wrote:
    how can it take so fkin long to mark some papers, so annoying
    There are about 22000 students in UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

There are about 22000 students in UCD.
    Subtract about 2,000 that aren't sitting exams (postgrads, unmodularised final years, etc), multiply that by.. ooo, say an average of five exams per student, throw in the fact that staff would like a few days off for Christmas if that's not too much to ask thankyouverymuch, and it's pretty obvious why those 100,000 papers haven't been marked yet. Not to mention that once they are marked, school boards or somesuch have to meet and agree that the marking has been done properly.
    There's also the thing of people not filling in their MCQs properly and some poor eejit having to sit there and rub out every single wrongly-entered exam/student number and put it in properly (yes, I had to do this for several thousand MCQs, yes, I am bitter) which completely defeats the point of MCQs. All these things add up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Pantsless

There is no difference between the results coming out on the 1st of Jan or the 29th April you are still going to get the same grade. Whats the point in thinking about them ? Worry when you get confirmation of your failure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Who said we're failures.. I guarantee everyone will get at least one A grade..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

are you a betting man?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

rain on wrote:
    it's pretty obvious why those 100,000 papers haven't been marked yet.

AFAIK, pretty much all the papers would be marked at this stage. If a lecturer had about 200 exam scripts, marking 20 a day would take a week and a half. Pretty quick really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

It depends when the lecturer receives the scripts, how many modules they have to correct, number of students in a class etc. As exams were held up to the 21st December with everyone finishing on the 22nd with 2 weeks holidays....(with some time dedicated to correcting scripts) it could take a while. Most scripts should be corrected by the end of this week though.

All of the marks/grades need to be compiled for each student, med certs checked, everything double checked. As mentioned above these then need to go to an exam board (usually with another board held before this) before results are released. Also if you happened to have exams which are not modularised there may be a further delay due to scheduling of exam boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Pythia wrote:
    AFAIK, pretty much all the papers would be marked at this stage. If a lecturer had about 200 exam scripts, marking 20 a day would take a week and a half. Pretty quick really.
    The actual marking is only part of the procedure though, there's a lot of technical admin stuff that has to be done before and after the scripts are marked, and that's really what's so time-consuming.

ETA: which is pretty much exactly what Sarn said.

*whistles*

Advertisement