Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Giant spot! Please help!

• 17-12-2006 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

I have a huge spot on my face, one of those really sore red ones. It doesn't have a head so i can't sqeeze it. I've been putting sudacream on it the last few nights but it hasn't helped at all. Sometimes I put toothpaste on spots but I don't want to aggravate this one any more.
    I don't want to have it for the whole Christmas period so does anyone know of any good quick fixes?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

kill yourself, it's the only way. pleeease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

I belive tee-tree oil is ment to be wuite good for what your describing, it should dry it out, but i think your ment to dilute it cause its quite concentrated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

LundiMardi wrote:
    kill yourself, it's the only way. pleeease.
    I had considered that, but I still have so many things I want to accomplish with my life before I throw in the towel.
    Tripper wrote:
    I belive tee-tree oil is ment to be wuite good for what your describing

Yeah I have some but I don't find it that effective!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Em...it's a spot. Get it treated. Go to your local pharmacy and get stuff for it. There is special acne cream with benzoyl peroxide in it that should clear it up. Also, Clearsail products (wide range), tea tree does help but won't clear it soon (at least for me it doesn't) but it does work, and so, many products use it. There is one that I used to have, can't remember the name of it. It's a tea tree spot treatment 'wand' with two gels - one for the night and one for the day.

Failing that, there are all sorts of stuff you can do like steaming the spots pff and putting mayonase/toothpaste (cant remember which one!) on them...

!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Unrefined Organic Sesame Oil (any health store'll have it)

Seriously it's the business, it's got some sort of anti-inflammatory quality in it,
    don't ask me how I discovered it, but it works on my spots every time.

• Advertisement

There is one that I used to have, can't remember the name of it. It's a tea tree spot treatment 'wand' with two gels - one for the night and one for the day.
    I think I know the one, I'll give it a go
    SumGuy wrote:
    Unrefined Organic Sesame Oil (any health store'll have it)

Seriously it's the business, it's got some sort of anti-inflammatory quality in it,
    don't ask me how I discovered it, but it works on my spots every time.
    Great i'll keep a look out for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Oh im so glad im to old to get spots anymore.

You could try to lance it as a last resort.

Lance it?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭mwnger

If you have a boyfriend, cos I'm guessing your a girl, you could ask him to... ahem, 'pop some protein' (or you could do it for him).

Dab some of it onto the spot. 'Man milk' is choc full of nutrients, including the aforementioned protein, and so is great for clearing up ones skin.

Leave on your face overnight. Obviously DO NOT do this first thing in the morning before you go to work/college/school etc. Unless you've got some very open-minded colleagues/schoolmates/friends etc.

Hope that helps!

P.S. This is not a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Rofl, I'm sure one of the lads in your year would be more than happy to 'lend a hand' to your cause Justcoz....haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

mwnger wrote:
    If you have a boyfriend, cos I'm guessing your a girl, you could ask him to... ahem, 'pop some protein' (or you could do it for him).

Dab some of it onto the spot. 'Man milk' is choc full of nutrients, including the aforementioned protein, and so is great for clearing up ones skin.

That sounds quite disgusting but I've actually heard there may be some truth in this

Hmmmm I'm intrigued, I've never heard of this. I'm unlikely to try it unless Sangre wants to help me out??
    P.S that's not a joke :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I'd say clearasil would be more effective then the bukkake method.

Just a guess though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Try the jizzing thing first. If that doesn't work out just use plain old honey (assuming you're not allergic to it, if ye are then ye probably shouldn't. Although then ye cud rub the honey all over your face and say you ate something you were allergic to and nobody will notice your spot coz yer whole face would be a disaster (assuming your face isn't already a disaster, spot excluded))

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

JustCoz wrote:
    Lance it?:confused:

Cut it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Aloe vera gel actually works really well. Not quite sure how, but it stops the spot from getting any worse almost immediately.

Also invest in a good concealer! Depending on how bad the spot is, you may still be able to cover it up a bit.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Hydrocortisone cream.. I swear by it, I'm proned to the odd breakout and I find it great.. It's about 5.25 a tube, get it in any chemist..

Advertisement