Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Tongue Repiercing

Options
  • 17-12-2006 10:51pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Okay, so the story goes. Have my tongue pierced for two years. I have to get some dentist work done a few times, so I just take it out. Then I randomly decided to leave it out.

I hadnt seen a freind in a couple of weeks and pointed out to her I'd taken it out. She told me that even after 3 weeks of it being out it wouldnt be healed because I'd had it in so long.

So, tonight I tested that theory. I got the bar and steralized it. Then tried to put it in from underneth [as usual, is that normal, does it even matter!]. To my suprise it went almost all the way in without any hassle. Except for the small amount of scar tissue that had formed on the top of my tongue.

So I just widdled with it and gave it a little encouragement and it periced again no problem.

Whats weird now is that it feels huge in my mouth [no, I dont hear that every day] and its a little ... not quite sore, but defintiely not as comfortable as usual.

When I first took it out there was a reajustment stage of about a week to get it feeling normal. Does anyone have any idea how long it'll take to go back to normal with it in again!?

Also, I take it it was safe enough to repeirce it. I did steralize it completely before putting it back in....

Eep!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

jes ya mad yoke! tongue piercings generally heal exceedingly quick. 3weeks! jeebus!! amazing that it stayed open :confused: why? its going in your tongue!
    it feels huge in your mouth cos you aint used to it, body is trying to push it out, same as when you got it done first im sure.

how much encouragement did you give the bar????
    id keep an eye on it and wouldnt have advised ya on doing so, but up to you.
    hit me up on rb if you need any help or advice

edit: also treat it as a fresh new piercing

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Just for prosperity I'll post here too, me and Wilburt have had a chat though.

Wilburt says it should heal v.quickly, but my mate and my inspiration for repeircing said it'd definitely be open... so whats the craic. Am I weird, should it be healed?

I'm not worried about it tbh, it feels fine, except for a mild awareness of it. I'd guess it'll go back to normal no problems.

How hard I pushed was like, just enough for it to go through one lair of scar tissue... wasnt that much or that sore. Little pinch... gonna do the salt and water thing before bed, it'll be grand...

I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

It might swell again after the repeircing so look after it for the next few days same as when it was freshly done just to be on the safe side.

Tongues are weird in general i know some people who's are like an ear lobe they can leave it out for months at a time and the bar will go straight back in and others who've had it done 5+ years close up after a couple of hours without jewelery. Tis an odd one

Advertisement