Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on which broadband...

Options
  • 17-12-2006 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hey people, Hope somebody can help me...

I'm with eircom (i know...) but i'm looking to buy that portable "ripwave" or whatever it's called. Is it any good?

Any advice on broadband would be welcome
    I play xbox live and have my pc hooked up to wireless through my eircom wireless key.

So obviously I need to maintain those connections.

Thanks,
    Joe

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hey people, Hope somebody can help me...

I'm with eircom (i know...) but i'm looking to buy that portable "ripwave" or whatever it's called. Is it any good?

Any advice on broadband would be welcome
    I play xbox live and have my pc hooked up to wireless through my eircom wireless key.

So obviously I need to maintain those connections.

Thanks,
    Joe

Dont!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

If you can afford to change your phone number, get Smart Broadband's package; by far the best/fastest/cheapest.

Otherwise, depending on where you are, you might have the option of Chorus/NTL's cable offering.

From personal experience, Ripwave is rubbish; people have said that IBB's Breeze is a lot better, but I can't advise one way or the other as I never bothered upgrading to that, I just happily dumped the Ripwave rubbish as soon as Smart became available.

Other than the above, you're looking at a reseller of eircom's offering or a localised wireless operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭eezarthegreat

Ok guys thanks for the reply...I love boards...

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

From what I gather, IBB have improved immensely over the course of this year. However, I'm pretty sure Ripwave is still stuck at the same speeds "broadband" was when it first came about.

Advertisement