Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using "Eircom" Wireless Netopia router on BT

• 18-12-2006 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Last Weekend i bought the 25e eircom netopia in Pcworld and i thought that i would be able to use it on a BT broadband connection. What settings do i need to change and how do i do this.

I ran the eircom cd on the laptop first and then the netopia and the router connected up together but i couldnt get onto the internet with the laptop.

i have read some other posts advising me to open http://192.168.1.254/ , but i get problem loading page in firefox and IE .

When i try to connect using an ethernet cable into the back of the netopia , a green light intially shows for internet , but then it changes to red.

What do I need to do to get it to work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

There is a lot of discussion on that router here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭ublinina2

i have seen these and tried to follow them but it doesnt seem to unlock the modem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭seanogal

all you have to do is go to 192.168.1.254 and enter your username followed bÿ @btbb and your password

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭ublinia2

I got it to work anyway eventually - i was having a problem connecting opening that page but eventually it opened.

How can I change the settings so that i can set up a network with another computer using this router?

Also, what firewall settings should i change. At the moment i have disabled the windows firewall and the Mcafee firewall?

How do I know that the wireless network is secure and nobody else is using it ?

Advertisement