Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband connection monitor software?

Options
  • 18-12-2006 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been asked before! I'm having trouble with my broadband provider and am looking for some kind of connection monitor software to help me keep track of connection availability. It will need to be able to ping automatically at set intervals and keep a log of the results (I have found some monitors but none that log the results individually). It would also help if it was able to graph the results. Oh, and I'd like it to be free or pretty cheap!

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

www.hlsw.net pings server in realtime,you can do traceroutes and get neat little graphs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Apologies if this has been asked before! I'm having trouble with my broadband provider and am looking for some kind of connection monitor software to help me keep track of connection availability. It will need to be able to ping automatically at set intervals and keep a log of the results (I have found some monitors but none that log the results individually). It would also help if it was able to graph the results. Oh, and I'd like it to be free or pretty cheap!

Thanks!

I have spoken to Santa & he is organising it now, the elves are busy at the moment but will work to you brief and produce that exact piece of software for you within moments. They just want to know what colour interface you would prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

i use mrtg, (http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/) for the graphing

and use http://www.steveshipway.org/software/rrd/f_routers.html this as my front end.

with this i can monitor bandwidth and ping rates daily,weekly, monthly for trend analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I use MultiPing. It's pretty good and lets you continuously ping multiple sites. Gives you a better idea of how things are. If it can't ping ALL the sites listed, then you have a problem. If it can ping all but one or two, then those sites have problems [generally].

Advertisement