Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie has been particularily zippy of late

Options
  • 18-12-2006 2:59am
    Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭

Guess those new servers are installed or something because every time I click on a link it opens before I can go off to make a cup of tea.

This is quite irritating as now I no longer have the time to make cups of tea.

Please reinstate the slowness so that I can once again make tea and receive numerous complaints about multiple adverts being posted on adverts.ie due to dull-user-syndrome.

I also have a distaste for your ethnicity, religious creed, or any personal beliefs you hold dear.

If you have any preference in games consoles, beer, motor vehicle or music, assume that I both disagree with your choice on several points with dubious grounding, as well as mock your educational level and breeding for your preference.

If you are a moderator, please engage in the medical procedure known as "cranial rectal inversion", and assume that any reply you make is responded to with a rolling of the eyes.

warmest regards and christmas wishes,

CuLT.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Could it be that there are less users online as they may be not in work for x-mas holidays etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

People don't use Boards while they are in work!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

6th wrote:
    People don't use Boards while they are in work!

Hey 6th I do when the boss is not here and just as i started typing this he walked in the door...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Have you upgraded your sarcasm detector recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

New servers ftw \0/

/me waits for the "When will search and 'users on forums' features be back?" posts/threads.

Cult, don't go to get the coffee! Bring the coffee machine to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

i actually noticed it was as slow as a tortise around 3pm but its fast as lightning now. gj with the new servers lads.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If you could see the hourly stats on Boards usage you'd laugh at the idea that people dont use it in work (I can only think 6th is having a giggle!).

The usage on Sat and Sun summed wouldnt match the usage on Tuesday!
    1-2 is our busiest time with a noticeable drop off at 6pm.

The servers arent configured even yet so this is just a lull that occurs around xmas every year giving the current kit a break.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

For the first time ever I'm a regular poster at odd hours. Anytime from midnight to 9am. Very little slow down if any.

Before i moved, sometimes pages were taking anything from 4-5secs to load up to maybe 20secs.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

great at the moment.
    i found it slow at lunchtime yesterday, but that's par for the course.

Advertisement