Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

K800i dodgy software

• 18-12-2006 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

Just got a K800i. Absolutely love the phone.
    I attached the phone to PC via USB cable and PC detected new hardware. Put in the CD and everything loaded up. I can now see phone and memory card as 2 new dricves in My Computer. However, I have had 4 or 5 crashes (blue screen) since I added the software and Microsoft Online Analysis blames new drivers - must be the ones for the phone.

Anyone else experience this?
    I think I'll go back to a restore point, and use FloAt instead.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

Bit off topic, does K800i function as flash drive? In other words can I access the card, without installing SE software on PC.

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,374 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

dohouch wrote:
    Bit off topic, does K800i function as flash drive? In other words can I access the card, without installing SE software on PC.

yeah it does, but better to use an external card reader in my experiance

If you can live without the sony software probably best to avoid it, alot of people seem to have issues with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Yeah I had issues with it alright. Various issues like it taking over my net connection etc etc.
    Phone works grand when connected to the PC without software. Although it does install drivers the first time you connect it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

Sparky-s wrote:
    Phone works grand when connected to the PC without software. Although it does install drivers the first time you connect it.

My current phone 6230i, on connection to PC with USB cable, asks "Use phone as mass storage device?" and when I "Accept" then I think it functions just like any other Flash USb drive, i.e. no drivers needed (XP). I use this only and have MMC card as "Default Storage" for photos.

Any question of installing drivers just to use memory card would be a serious disadvantage and put me of considering K800i as next phone.

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,374 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

dohouch wrote:
    My current phone 6230i, on connection to PC with USB cable, asks "Use phone as mass storage device?" and when I "Accept" then I think it functions just like any other Flash USb drive, i.e. no drivers needed (XP). I use this only and have MMC card as "Default Storage" for photos.

Any question of installing drivers just to use memory card would be a serious disadvantage and put me of considering K800i as next phone.

you don't need drivers to use the k800 as a mass storage device, but when you plug in the phone it will offer to install other drivers for using the phone for internet connection etc. It is a pain that it asks about the other drivers but hit cancel and then going into file tranfer mode, the phone memory and m2 card appear as 2 drives without drivers. Works smoother in vista than xp i think. The phone can also be charged with the usb cable if you don't have a charger. And with the sony software installed you can plug in the phone in and use it in "phone mode" and send stuff to the phone without going into file transfer mode

edit: And if any one is using the usb cable everyday with a certain pc for file transfer, but not installing the drivers for the other stuff, going to device manager and disabling the other devices picked up when the phone is plugged in will stop xp asking for the drivers every time the phone is plugged in

• Advertisement
Advertisement