Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going from Meteor to O2

• 18-12-2006 11:16am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of switching over and was just wondering at the pros and cons.

At the moment I'm on Meteror Talk 60. The thing is that they dont carry minutes and I wouldnt always use my 60 minutes some months but might go over other months.

Was thinkin of switching to o2 Active like 40 which comes with 50mins and 60 texts on line plus 100 texts for €7.50. Total monthly cost of €27.50.

Something similar on Meteor would be Talk 60 (30 texts included) plus 150 texts for €7.50 so total would be the same but I'd be getting 10 mins less and 20 texts.

Plus 02 do interntaional texts from the web.

Any one have something to add?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

kearnsr wrote:
    Thinking of switching over and was just wondering at the pros and cons.

At the moment I'm on Meteror Talk 60. The thing is that they dont carry minutes and I wouldnt always use my 60 minutes some months but might go over other months.

Was thinkin of switching to o2 Active like 40 which comes with 50mins and 60 texts on line plus 100 texts for €7.50. Total monthly cost of €27.50.

Something similar on Meteor would be Talk 60 (30 texts included) plus 150 texts for €7.50 so total would be the same but I'd be getting 10 mins less and 20 texts.

Plus 02 do interntaional texts from the web.

Any one have something to add?

o2 do international text on the web. which one will be cheaper depends on the people you know. the peopl i call are almost all on meteor so if i was to use my phone on o2 the way i use it on meteor it'd literally cost me hundreds more. if you don't know many people on meteor their benefits get a bit less but they're still that bit cheaper

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

o2 do international text on the web. which one will be cheaper depends on the people you know. the peopl i call are almost all on meteor so if i was to use my phone on o2 the way i use it on meteor it'd literally cost me hundreds more. if you don't know many people on meteor their benefits get a bit less but they're still that bit cheaper

The people I know are more spread over Vodafone & o2. Some on Meteor but not many.

The fact that you can carry over is a big thing for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

International texts from the web (O2) is great. A while ago it was very slow to log in at times, but it's fine recently: I always get logged on straight away, and have no problems using the webtext feature anymore.

No other mobile phone company in Ireland offers this: 250 web texts a month you can send internationally!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

International texts from the web (O2) is great. A while ago it was very slow to log in at times, but it's fine recently: I always get logged on straight away, and have no problems using the webtext feature anymore.

No other mobile phone company in Ireland offers this: 250 web texts a month you can send internationally!

I've friends in Iceland and England and this was great when I was on o2 years ago.

At the end of the day its coming down to cost and it seems o2 are winning out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Again, as Vimes said, it depends on who you are texting more. Meteor or other networks. Meteor now have free on network texts on that talk plan at the loss of your 30 texts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

If the o2 international webtexts bother you so much just buy a speakeasy simcard and never put any credit on it. Could get a new phone either,

Advertisement