Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should i do? Name & shame ?

Options
  • 18-12-2006 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Ok, my car needed few replacements.

1.Tyres
    2.Hinge in the door
    3. Front brake pads
    4. Shocks

My car battery went flat about 2 weeks ago, so i contacted the garage asking if someone could come around and help me.
    €40 call out charge + 77 battery = 117 total, fair enough i needed my car running, no problem with that. He came with the battery but couldnt put it in cos he didnt have the right spanners, so we had to go to his garage. Again, i was fine with that, just wanted to have the car fixed.

I asked the same guy (garage owner) to give me the quote for the parts & labour i mentioned above, which all came to 515. We agreed on:
    Bridgestone tyres which were supposed to cost 150,
    245 shocks,
    80 brake pads,
    20 the door hinge

(i didnt get this quote in writing, unfortunately)

Happy days i thought, my nct is coming up again in Jan so would be great to have those things fixed.

Got my car back when it was pretty dark, around 6pm, so couldnt really see what tyres were put on and was told to come back 2 days later to have the hinge fixed (didnt have it at that time).
    Next day i realised tyres are not bridgestone but federal(?) and according to the invoice they were 95 euros (55 euros cheaper than bridgestone) - but the total price hasnt changed at all it was still 515. The next day i went to have door hinge fixed but unfortunately the guy who was doing it he broke one of the electric window switches, but he said he will fix it for me "no bother". Fine i said and told him i'll come back again to talk his boss about the tyres.
    Today, i had a chat with the boss who said it couldnt be bridgestone tyres he quoted me, but after 10 min he said as i "will of good gesture" (thats just my polite translation of what he said) he wont charge me for the window switch which, what a coincidence, was 55 euros!

me: Excuse me? So i'm supposed to pay for the part ur staff/man broke?
    the boss: The F*****g switch would f******g broke anyway, it would f******g pop out anyway, he said angrily.
    I started giving him examples, that if i work (im a painter) in someones house and i break lets say light, or picture or whatever else - im paying for it and thats it. I dont add the replacement cost for i.e lamp cover, frame pic to the quote or do u ? :confused:
    No luck anyway, the guy couldnt get the msg so i just said fair enough and left.

I wont be giving any names (yet ;) ), but im thinking about having a chat with someone from Consumer Association of Ireland.

I would really appreciate any advice, its not really about the money any more but simple thing as honesty and reliability, which u cant find in this country anymore.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

small claims court

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Is the Garage Simi approved?Try contacting them first www.simi.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

you didnt actually pay the invoice did you? CAI for your rights and then onto the small claims court by the sounds of things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭maly07@poczta.o

Well i paid 515 on the same day, but was expecting to get the difference
    (55) back and refused to be charged for the switch, which worked out ok for him but not for me.
    As i said, its not the money im after anymore, its a principle.
    Anyway, I looked up the SIMI (thanks!)and will be talking soon to my friend who is a solicitor so i hope i'll have him punished soon!

thanks 4 ur posts

Advertisement