Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Listening to Phantom via a Mac

Options
  • 18-12-2006 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

help

the website says the stream is now mac-friendly but it doesnt seem this way to me. any ideas anyone?

and on a similar note, any plans to upgrade the website? the lack of info on shows and individual playlists is really noticable. i heard stuff on saturday afternoon and night and sunday lunchtime that i'd love to know who it was - would be great to have the playlists on the site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello there Windowcleaner,

The AAC+ Stream is Mac Friendly and can be played on VLC player or any other player capable of playing AAC+ Streams. Do a quick search on this board for instructions from our technology man Aidan on how to load it all up.

The new website should be up and running in the next couple of weeks, design types are doing the coding as we speak!

Kind Regards,

Simon Maher
    simonmaher@phantom.ie
    www.phantom.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭windowcleaner

thanks for that simon but its not working! when i click on link, it opens itunes and.... silence. if anyone has any idea on what i'm doing wrong, let me know.

i want a radio for xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Download a programme called VLC, and play it through that. It's out for OS X so you should be fine with that. It'll also play all those movie formats that quicktime doesnt support!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

Hey Windowcleaner,
    Try this thread, where sombody else managed to get the stream fired up in iTunes. I haven't been able to check it out myself coz I'm Mac-less, so let me know if it works for you.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055019665

Cheers,
    Aidan

Advertisement