Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband set up advice/help

Options
  • 18-12-2006 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I want to get broadband setup in the apt. Now that Smart look sort of settled, I think they're the way we want to go. However, there seems to be a problem.

There is a phone line in the apt (I got the number from the rental agency and it checks out on the line checker on the smart site as being bb enabled). However, it is no longer active. Smart say that I have to contact Eircom and sort this out. ie. Get an account number etc.

But doesn't that mean I'll have to pay Eircom a reconnection fee and/or sign a contract!??!

Anyone else face this situation?

Cheers,
    Quad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

unfortunatly that is correct, you will then need to get your broadband ported to smart telecom, thats of course if you want to go with them.. also smart telecoim are raising their prices to €40 per month

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

gordonnet wrote:
    unfortunatly that is correct, you will then need to get your broadband ported to smart telecom, thats of course if you want to go with them.. also smart telecoim are raising their prices to €40 per month

Cheers dude. I just sorted it out there. I got Eircom to reactivate the line (surprisingly, for free!). No contract, no minimum lease. Got the account number off her are as well. So should be able to port to Smart.

All going well thus far!

Advertisement