Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Q & A with HectorJelly

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Happy Camper

What is your BB per 100 hands at 2-4/3-6 (including Rakeback)?

Are you worried about the medium/longterm (5-15 years) viablity of online poker as a carreer?

If so, what's your backup? Are you saving much?

Is "TECHNO" an onomatopoeia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Seeing as your time is nearly up, I'd better ask a few while I have a chance:

1. Can you give an example or two of how you apply game theory to your game. Also, is game theory something that is useful even in SSNL, or is it more useful at higher levels?

2. Online, you seem to pay more attention to taking notes on players, rather than relying on PT. What are the most important things you look for in SSNL levels up to 2/4.

Well against players who are paying attention I try to balance my frequencies to make myself unexploitable. What that means in practice is that there are many situations in which I set what I feel is a good frequency. So I will fire a certain % of second barrells, and even third ones; with nothing. I think a knowledge of game theory just lets you understand poker better, its not going to give you a new line for a hand.

I use PT a lot, but l like to get a feel for aplayer and express it in words. PT stats can hide a lot, and often you will get players with similar stats but who are totally different opponents. I look for mistakes that are easily expoitable, like always does xxx with xxx.

jbravado wrote:
    Intresting reading hj.

Im just wondering do you have any financial major commitments at present?
    Ie monthly rent-a mortgage?Do you take a set monthly amount out of your winnings to pay living expenses or do you have a set lump sum which covers these for a period of time?

Do you put money into a plan for the future akin to a pension?

Does the unsteady financial life of a poker player ever unnerve you at all?

I pay rent once a month. I just take money out of my bankroll whenever my living funds get low, theres probably a better way to manage your money/.=.

I dont but its something I should start doing.

Yes quite often when im running badly.

What is your BB per 100 hands at 2-4/3-6 (including Rakeback)?

Are you worried about the medium/longterm (5-15 years) viablity of online poker as a carreer?

If so, what's your backup? Are you saving much?

Is "TECHNO" an onomatopoeia?

8PT/BB for 2/4 over every hand ive ever recorded, 6PT/BB for 3/6. Thats not including rakeback. Is there an easy way to work this out? Ive only recently started getting rb consistantly

Yes I am worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Happy Camper

8PT/BB for 2/4 over every hand ive ever recorded, 6PT/BB for 3/6. Thats not including rakeback. Is there an easy way to work this out? Ive only recently started getting rb consistantly

Yes I am worried.

The way I worked it out was very convoluted. If I paid 18 in Tournament Registration, I would get roughly 6 dollars in Rakeback (30%). Paying 18 in registration also gets me 90 Player Points ,which is roughly the amount of player points I get per hour per table cash gaming at 2-4 Shorthanded, so I get about $6 per hour per table.

Advertisement