Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE7, Background and Menus

Options
  • 18-12-2006 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I created a website using CSS. I used a repeat-y background to give a white vertical background with shadows at the edges. I have also used a javascript drop down menu.

When resizing the text using ie6 and firefox the layout is fine as it is just the text reizing. In ie7 with their new "page zoom", the background does not resize with the page resulting in the moving off centre and the drop down menu no longer appears where it should when zoomed in or out.

I have an image slideshow on the front page driven by javascript and it does not resize that either.

I have used Opera's page zoom on the website and everything looks perfect no matter how much I zoom in or out.

Should I just ignore the problems with ie7 for now until they fix them or do people think it won't be fixed?

Thanks for any help/advice,
    Noel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

I think the Zoom in IE7 is a bit broken. A quote from a Blog Entry about the Must Haves for the next IE Update:
    Resize text set in pixels. Come on, stop being so stubborn and let users resize all text, no matter which unit is used to specify its size. And no, the full page zoom thing in IE 7 doesn’t count, at least not until it works properly. Take a look at Opera for a much better implementation.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Serbian wrote:
    I think the Zoom in IE7 is a bit broken.
    ...along with everything else in IE7!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Thanks for the replies, guys.

So I should just ignore it for now?

Advertisement