Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Novice heel walker

• 18-12-2006 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭

I don't normally wear shoes with heels but decided to go mad this christmas and buy a nice little womany pair for my nice little womany feet. Bought a snazzy sparkly pair with a small heel in a decent shop and wore them this weekend. I got a taxi into the pub and one home again, so wasn't walking in the shoes too much, but by the end of the night, my poor little toes were bleeding profusely and the pain of each step was like stabbing nails. Boo hoo...where am I going wrong? Surely if you spend a good bit on shoes you expect them not to rip the feet off you. Does it happen with all heels? Sticking with my dreary boots from now on.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I recommend Scholl's gel pads for putting under the balls of your feet. That stops the burning pain to some extent.

As for the bleeding, that's all part of the breaking in of heels.

Though I do try to pick pairs in the shop that don't appear to have any obvious rubbing bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As for the bleeding, that's all part of the breaking in of heels.
    Jaysus, I never knew. The things women go through... I'm so glad I'm a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

I too recommend Scholls gel pads, haven't used them myself, but I hear they're great. Also, to break in new heels, I put on a pair of my thickest socks and just walk around the house in them, it gets you used to the heel, and loosens the straps a tad so that they don't cut into you.
    However, there's not much more you can do I'm afraid, and trust me, millions of women know exactly how you feel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Scholl and the whole Party Feet arrival have made my life so much better. I love my high heels and so was the happiest girl when these things came to our shelves. Party Feet also do Sore Spot plaster type things now which you stick to the inside of your shoe where it rubs you and so prevents the blister from happening in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Lurk

Thanks for the tips (and the male perspective....ya lucky duck). The pain of the shoes wasn't so much the height as the strap cutting into the open wound (ugh), and it was one of those straps that can't be adjusted. I dunno, the whole idea seems odd now...like Chinese foot bindings. I'll give them one more go and wear them round the house when the cuts heal, but otherwise I'll give up the ghost :o

Hmm..those Sore Spot thingeys sound worthwhile though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

:)
    Lurk wrote:
    Thanks for the tips (and the male perspective....ya lucky duck). The pain of the shoes wasn't so much the height as the strap cutting into the open wound (ugh), and it was one of those straps that can't be adjusted. I dunno, the whole idea seems odd now...like Chinese foot bindings. I'll give them one more go and wear them round the house when the cuts heal, but otherwise I'll give up the ghost :o

Hmm..those Sore Spot thingeys sound worthwhile though
    They're wonderful and I've got to tell you the good news just keeps on coming because...............they also do invisible thingys to put on the strap of your shoes too which not only stop them slipping on and off but also stop them cutting into the soft flesh on the back of your heel too. A good chemist like Boots or some such similar place would carry a good range of these things and you can stock up and best of all keep your heels:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

a quick note on those sore spot thingeys: i tried them a few times but found that they kept falling off, like they weren't sticky enough. but, fear ye not, the party feet range do invisible blister plasters which are fantastic. and they were 2 for 1 in boots last week!
    hurrah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Lurk

Brill...I might end up wearing 6-inch heels soon
    Kiss254.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Hey Lurk,

Girl that never gets out of heels here, the bleeding toes seems a bit extreme, that used to happen to me if basically the shoes were nt a good fit, or the quality wasnt good. A good pair of shoes that fit well should nt do that to your feet.

In relation to the gel pads, they are brilliant but there no good if wearing open toe sandles because they have a tendence to slide forward and out the front of the shoe, lovely i know lol...

Dune do brilliant shoes, they fit well and the quality is good, i normally wear most shoes to the ground, but there shoes seem to last longer, plus i have never had sore feet after wearing them, and trust me im not going out in any tiny heels either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Lurk wrote:
    Brill...I might end up wearing 6-inch heels soon
    Kiss254.jpg

MMmm, that's hawt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement