Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nerf Locks and Huntards now!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

No-one would dream of suggesting such a thing... ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Try being a Resto druid... we're the hippies on the warfront. "Can't we all just get along...."

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

On my druid I find warlocks and shadow priests are a lot more killable with the new feral tree. and warriors can now be killed from bear form alone, no need for a bit of root/starfiring. No class is a real problem now i think. Druids are a very good 1v1 class now in pvp imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I think calling for nerfs now is pretty retarded. We really won't know how PvP is going to pan out until people get there new spells and stuff as they level up. I don't think hunter damage for example is going to double between 60 and 70 though peoples HP pool will.

Right now I think there are a few things that are definitively broken like non-resto shammy survivability, imba dotting, stunlock to death Pallies, hunter damage and just warriors in general (unless they see a shammy) but I couldn't careless frankly as we're in a pseudo beta test at the moment. If by the time lvl 70 rolls around I can still get arcane shot critted for more than 1/4 of my HP, insta dotted while riding past a lock and have to dismount 30secs later to heal or die or killed by a lousy pally while still under HoJ then I'll start whining. Not before.

Though honestly the thing that really pisses me off is to spec enhance (i.e. melee imbaness) Shaman and to have my hardest fights be against a rogue (totally impossible, totally, seriously totally) or a warrior (mostly impossible). Whine whine whine. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭WTF_L2P_n00b

DapperGent wrote:
    I think calling for nerfs now is pretty retarded. We really won't know how PvP is going to pan out until people get there new spells and stuff as they level up. I don't think hunter damage for example is going to double between 60 and 70 though peoples HP pool will.

Completely wrong Dapper, people don't have to buy the expansion, existing customers will expect the game at 60 not to be broken, and Blizz have to ensure this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I agree with Hunters needing to be nerfed. They pretty much tear apart all casters.

I'm a warlock and although I feel strong against some class, I'm not against others. I had a mage critting me yesterday for 2.5k frostbolts. FROST for 2.5k?

Everyone in the game now runs around with the marshal weapons and the damage is unreal for everyone. Problem is, their armor and stamina isn't up to par unless you've been raiding all the time.

Until BC is released, everyone is going to be imba.

Must confess mutilate builds are great fun against locks, though without the CloS you have to be a little careful of them. Still... we will be the ultimate caster killer come level 70.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Not so much, since any mage worth his sauce will be 40/0/21 and will just /mock any rogue while the mage is safe in his impenetrable wall of icy <3.

Then they can even cold snap and do it all over again if the fight goes over one minute. And if I am not mistaken, CloS doesnt reset from premed.

Then the mage will have Arcane Power, Frost Nova, frost bolt, Prescence of Mind + frostbolt + Ice lance ftw.

Not to mention some insane crits with 240%+ bonus damage from crits. Arcane blast, invisibility oh and spell steal :p

Aint killing us, bitches ;)

Ice mages are the one class I cant kill easily.

You have to blow every cooldown to have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm now holy/prot spec. I can't kill anything... let alone casters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

As holy prot you can kill prot specced warriors (keep fearing when it comes up, dots and mind blast). I can kill some hunters too (same method), but it must be down to spec as some hunters completely pwn. Perhaps the ones we can kill are cwap though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I dueled a Warlock today as a holy priest. Didn't go well. That is all.

I'm now holy/prot spec. I can't kill anything... let alone casters.
    I presume Holy/Prot is a paladin...
    They have a decent match up against warlocks, from what I've seen. Also, against mages, if you play it right, you can win but any mistakes will usually make it easy for the mage. I have no idea versus. priests but rogues should be very easy too...

Yes, it's a paladin. 40 holy/11 prot.
    Rogues is more a matter of outlasting them and relying on spell damage.. and hoping not to run out of mana during the fight. Affliction locks mean I'm dead. UA = 1000 damage if I cleanse and then I'm silenced... my build relies so heavily on casting that a 5 second silence means I'm dead. Mages - it's a case of relying on stunlock and doling out as much holy damage as fast as possible.

Yes, it's a paladin. 40 holy/11 prot.
    Rogues is more a matter of outlasting them and relying on spell damage.. and hoping not to run out of mana during the fight. Affliction locks mean I'm dead. UA = 1000 damage if I cleanse and then I'm silenced... my build relies so heavily on casting that a 5 second silence means I'm dead. Mages - it's a case of relying on stunlock and doling out as much holy damage as fast as possible.

Err for Affliction locks, cant you just ignore the UA, shield when low, heal up and then cast some more?

As for mages, I'm curious as to how a paladin without repentance would stun lock a mage. Heck, I'm just curious how any paladin stun locks a mage

Oh and does divine shield reduce casting speed too?
    P.s. I kinda think this thread got a little side tracked ;)

Hammer of Justice is 6 seconds, the idea is to deal as much holy damage in that time as possible. Holy shock/consecrate/judging seals etc.
    And you can cast at full speed inside DS, but you melee attack at half speed (7.6 attack speed with my TUF inside bubble... lol).

Blink > Hammer of Justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

gg to 41 pt BM hunters. they can't be stunned, snared, feared or sheeped. And neither can the pet.

Yes, for 18 seconds every 2 minutes. Personally I find silencing shot more annoying, though only just...

Advertisement