Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive Intel price cuts!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The price cuts probably wont filter down till around February.

It's nice to see the price of the E6700 coming down to the price of the E6600 makes it a more tempting upgrade.

Do you need a faster CPU as I cant see a reason to sell it off now especially as there are no faster Core 2's on that roadmap ?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

very nice news to hear..since im going to be buying a E6600 in january-february..which should hopefuly come down from 330euro to around 240 if im correct? might be able to put the spare bit of money into getting a 8800gts :D

so by february will komplett have the new reduced cut prices on there core2duos..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Don't worry, i'm sure you'll get the money back on all that thermaltake and gigabyte gear you've been talking up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

gaaaaah!

I just built an E6600 rig about 3 weeks ago :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Oh common lads, like this is acually a shock to you. It was oud to happen, it does every since time a new chip is released.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

::::gloat mode on::::

Now I know why I've stuck with Skt 939 for this build :D

::::gloat mode off::::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

me pats intel badges, while typing this on my x6800 that i got for €340 3 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Just bought my E6600 and waiting for the case and PSU to start the build.

I'm not really bothered about the price drop tbh - it's just one of those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Your sick about price cuts... tell me about it

I bought my Opty 3 months ago for €170, now they're selling for €160 on Komplett :rolleyes:

has anyone noticed how crazy prices have been over the last year? I mean I sold a five year old PC in february for €450. The PC I bought to replace it (which cost me €1500 at the time) would only sell for €450 now??? Thats 5 years worth of devaluation in less than a year :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

L31mr0d wrote:
    Your sick about price cuts... tell me about it

I bought my Opty 3 months ago for €170, now they're selling for €160 on Komplett :rolleyes:

has anyone noticed how crazy prices have been over the last year? I mean I sold a five year old PC in february for €450. The PC I bought to replace it (which cost me €1500 at the time) would only sell for €450 now??? Thats 5 years worth of devaluation in less than a year :eek:

Is this the pc in you sig you're valuing at 450? The pc in your sig has got to be worth at 700 - 800 euro

• Advertisement

stevejazzx wrote:
    Is this the pc in you sig you're valuing at 450? The pc in your sig has got to be worth at 700 - 800 euro

:( that all... :o

No not this one, it was a 3700+, 1GB TwinMOS DDR400, ASUS A8N-SLI, 6800Ultra, 400watt NorthQ... Which in february was a pretty decent rig which I had hoped would last me at least a year, but prices on newer components started dropping so rapidly that i've been upgrading it since. The only thing that remains from the old rig is 2 HDDs, which i'll probably be selling on in the next month :p But rigs of the same spec are coming up on adverts for less than that now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

That article says price drops wont be happening until Q2 2007 which is April.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

Meh, Wake me up when quadcores have 16Megs cache and cost under 300 !

:)

How abotu when software can actually take full advantage of dual core, let alone quad core.

anti wrote:
    How abotu when software can actually take full advantage of dual core, let alone quad core.

*cough* how about when software can actually take full advantage of 64bit single core let alone dual core.

anti wrote:

/strokes xvid encoder

Stephen wrote:
    /strokes xvid encoder

interesting *strokes imaginary beard* very interesting.

So with the magic of your E6600 how long does it take to encode a standard DVD to Xvid/DivX?

About an hour and a half for a two-pass decent quality xvid encode, including the DVD-decryption phase at the start which takes about 10 minutes and audio encoding to mp3.

Using latest AutoGK with latest Xvid - i think all recent versions of Xvid support SMP.

First pass encodes at about 100fps using an E6600 at stock speeds :)

The above was done on From Dusk Till Dawn R2 DVD.

Stephen wrote:
    About an hour and a half for a two-pass decent quality xvid encode, including the DVD-decryption phase at the start which takes about 10 minutes and audio encoding to mp3.

Using latest AutoGK with latest Xvid - i think all recent versions of Xvid support SMP.

First pass encodes at about 100fps using an E6600 at stock speeds :)

The above was done on From Dusk Till Dawn R2 DVD.

That's good to hear, Thanks Stephen.

I've got my E6600 - just waiting on the case and PSU.

Missed the courier yesterday so hopefully today I'll catch him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Damn it im of 2 minds about this.. im getting ready to upgrade mine and my wifes PC's (as in 2 new rigs) however do i want to wait the price cuts in April??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

nope

Your right.. i do not want to :D However should i go ahead i and April comes and stuff is a lot cheaper i will be thinking... ah feck it.. April is ages away :D

by the way awhir... did you notice you get a different price for all the PC's on komplett even though you pick all the same components?
    Take that build you suggested. Depending on if i pick custom, gamer or extreme i get a different price. Extreme worked out a little cheaper for some reason :D Have not ordered yet but as soon as i sort out money i will.

ah stop being such a pussy and build it yourself :)

No problem doing it :D however it works out cheaper i think to actually get the build.. plus i have 2 of them to get.

No pussy is the wrong word. I was taking apart computers when i was 13 (about 94) Been working with them since 98.
    No not pussy... lazy is one word that springs to mind though :D

COOL well im 15 and antis 55 lol(na only jokin he is only like 20 or 30 oh and i am really 15 :D)

15? Jaysus i feel old... the internet was pretty new when i got into computers. It was not till 96 that it became very popular around here.. stupid dial up!!
    Im 27... the years are flying by.

Well i will be ordering in the next couple of weeks. Im due an influx of cash from a few projects.. namely I refurbished a server, made it raid 5 and am installing in my cousins company. Sold a laptop, looks like im selling my other one to the same guy and a few other things so will have plenty of money to play with.. but im restricting my rig to the €1500 mark... Do not want to be greedy, otherwise i might go quad core, 8800GTX in SLI mode and all that :D

My wife can be content with one about the €800 mark.. one of the standard komplett intel rigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I only went on the internet in 1999 just to play cs!

And as for prices thats good things are coming down as they are way to overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

any update on these price cuts?

I see intel introduced two new quad core CPUs with pricing:
    The new Intel Core 2 Quad processor Q6600 (2.4GHz) has been announced and is currently being demonstrated at CES. It is available now at $851 in 1KU quantities. Quad-Core Intel® Xeon® processor pricing includes the X3220 (2.4GHz) at $851 and the Quad-Core Intel® Xeon® Processor X3210 (2.13GHz) at $690.

from: http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/20070108comp.htm

but I cant see any evidence of the rumoured drop in desktop processors....

the e6400 and e6300 are getting extra chach the same amount as the e6600 so thats good..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I dont think depreciation has been that bad lately, built my rig in september for about €2100 including monitor and it comes to €2150 on OCUK now, with equiv or better components, even when shopping around for better deals. I'm happy with my loss :)

Advertisement