Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please help mycat will have no bed :(

Options
  • 18-12-2006 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi all: i m off for the holidays and i completely fogot to book my cat in the normal catery.
    Please let me know of any place that is not completely booked.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I booked mine into the Deutsche Cattery for Christmas 4 months ago. I was told its the busiest time of the year for them. I'd say it'd be unlikely you will find one at this short notice.

Do you have any family that could look after it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It might help if you gave a bit more info as to where you're located rather than just 'Dublin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭roundcrisis

sure, I m in the northside.
    I normally leave him in Raheny Veterinary
    He is 2 years old and not too fuzzy. I have no family here and all my friends that could look after my cat are also going home.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

OK, I was going to suggest one out in the wilds of Wicklow, which might be easily doable from the Southside (it's motorway/DC pretty much all the way), but a bit far to go from the Northside.

can u pm me the name/ phone anyway
    if i cant find anything else i might just have to do the trip
    Thanks for your fast reply :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Still more specifics needed. Where exactly on the northside do you live? You say you usually leave your cat in Raheny, but it's not definite whether you live in the D5 area. Also, when are you leaving and how long will you be gone for? I'd have faith in Boards users' good nature. Obviously it's not definite but I wouldn't be surprised if someone living in your area offered to help you out. If I was nearby I'd jump at the opportunity to feed your cat or take him in for a while or whatever, but unfortunately I'm going to be between Cork and Ringsend for Christmas so no can do. Best of luck though. One of the few downsides of going on holidays is having to leave your pets behind!

Dudess: I m completely with you on this, it s so hard to leave your pets behind, and still you cant take them (my cat doesnt even like the trip fromt my house to the vet a 3 min drive) I miss him a lot.
    I m off from wednesday afternoon till january the 2nd in the evening. I live in D5, in kilbarrack.
    Thanks for your comment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well the very best of luck finding a good temporary home for him. And I really hope some kind boardsters in the D5 area see this. Yeah my brother has to put his dog in kennels for a week on Stephen's day and he is seriously dreading it. It's going to be heartbreaking for him when he sees how upset she'll get.

still no luck, i have to wait for a few call backs....

after loads of call, i got one. Thanks everyone for your suggestions

• Advertisement
Advertisement