Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going into the big smoke tonight...Transport query

Options
  • 18-12-2006 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭

Guys,

I know there's a thread at the top of this forum about the bus services but I found out that my only option for tonight after normal bus and dart services is the Finnegan's bus at 3am...am I correct?

Reading the Finnegan's web page it says they are running buses from the 14th Dec (except sundays) at 1am and 3am. From the 'Route' box above it says the 3am bus runs to Greystones/Kilcoole (and not the 1am bus which only goes as far as southern cross)

The 84N doesn't run until the weekend.

So if I miss the last DART at 11.30 from town...I've to wait till 3am to get the Finnegan's bus to Greystones?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

astrofluff wrote:
    Guys,

I know there's a thread at the top of this forum about the bus services but I found out that my only option for tonight after normal bus and dart services is the Finnegan's bus at 3am...am I correct?

Reading the Finnegan's web page it says they are running buses from the 14th Dec (except sundays) at 1am and 3am. From the 'Route' box above it says the 3am bus runs to Greystones/Kilcoole (and not the 1am bus which only goes as far as southern cross)

The 84N doesn't run until the weekend.

So if I miss the last DART at 11.30 from town...I've to wait till 3am to get the Finnegan's bus to Greystones?

As far as I know the Fightlink is running all week? Alternatively get it to bray and taxi from there...

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

You could ring ahead and get a taxi to collect you in Bray! Myself and 2 others got a taxi home friday - missed all the buses - say nothing - but it cost us €65 on the ole metre and that was a stop in Shankill, stop the other side of greystones and finally charlesland........

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

LMC wrote:
    You could ring ahead and get a taxi to collect you in Bray! Myself and 2 others got a taxi home friday - missed all the buses - say nothing - but it cost us €65 on the ole metre and that was a stop in Shankill, stop the other side of greystones and finally charlesland........

I took the 7N home last weekend - that stops at Woodbrook Golf Course, which is at the big roundabout off the M50 / M11 just before you go into Bray. There were a couple of taxis waiting there for people coming off the nitelink. They weren't scheduled pick-ups either, so it may be worth while giving that a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Thanks for all the comments.

I'll probably have my sensible head on and go for the last Dart! We'll see how things end up.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

A second vote for the 7N and taxi from there. I did this for years getting to Kilcoole, most of the Bray taxis are on the ball and if you ring when you're on the way (pre-Shankill somewhere) you should be sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement