Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ya having for xmas lunch?

• 18-12-2006 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

What are ya planinng on having for xmas lunch?

I'll probably have that realeat veggie roast thingy with the stuffing in the middle, yum yum! And all the roast spuds, yorkshire puds, parsnips etc i can get my hands on! Oh, and i think i'll make bread sauce (mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bread sauce).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ZenforHead

Nut Roast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

I have to get something .. or cook something.
    I have a nice nutroast recipe too, which I've been meaning to try.. Might be a good time to check it out.
    I don't think I'll have any of my mothers gravy though, I'm certain she will put turkey fat or something into it! :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Dunno, we'll see what I can get in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

hmmm i will be with a family other than my own... and i don't think they know what to do about a vegan! i daresay i'll cook myself up something special when i go back home after christmas :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

hmmm i will be with a family other than my own... and i don't think they know what to do about a vegan! i daresay i'll cook myself up something special when i go back home after christmas :D

What's it like visiting other people's houses for a meal as a vegan? I'd say a lot of people don't even know what a vegan is!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I imagine this family does, an that this vegan may be sleeping on the floor if she's not quiet. :D

As for visiting other peoples houses, even as a vegetarian I get a lot of things like shimp offered...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

I have a nice nutroast recipe too, which I've been meaning to try.. Might be a good time to check it out.

:(

any chance of posting it on here?

edit;this seems handy enough, worth a go anyway,

http://www.veg-world.com/recipes/nutroast.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Anybody ever tried making vegan yorkshire puddings? I've tried a couple of times but failed :( They tasted good but didn't rise properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

might try some of the recipes from here
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/christmas/chefs_rimmer.shtml
    not vegan friendly though.
    think my folks got a butternut squash roast from marks and spencer - we'll see if i feel up to the mushroom parcels or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Thanks Dereko1969 for that link. I think I might try those mushroom parcels this year! I've had stuffed pancakes/crepes on xmas day for the past 18 years and I'm kinda getting sick of 'em. They were nice to start off with and I made a point of not using the same recipe during the rest of the year but need a change me thinks and that look yummy! :D

• Advertisement

any chance of posting it on here?

edit;this seems handy enough, worth a go anyway,

http://www.veg-world.com/recipes/nutroast.htm
    Hi. I'm off home to the back of beyonds today (going home for xmas).. where my parents don't have wireless.... and they have a dialup connection.. :eek: :eek: But I'll post a few veggie recipes after xmas for sure!
    (too late for this xmas lunch :oops:)
    :)

Chuchu wrote:
    Thanks Dereko1969 for that link. I think I might try those mushroom parcels this year! I've had stuffed pancakes/crepes on xmas day for the past 18 years and I'm kinda getting sick of 'em. They were nice to start off with and I made a point of not using the same recipe during the rest of the year but need a change me thinks and that look yummy! :D

mmm they sound nice! I must make something like that for dinner some day! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I had a really nice M&S ushroom and Nut roast for Dinner yesterday, as well as all the veggies. It was really really nice, especially with the stuffing my aunt made.

Advertisement