Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never got any ESB bills...

Options
  • 18-12-2006 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right place. We moved into our house last September ( 05 ) and I got a yearly bank statement the other day. I was checking through it and realised there were no payments to the ESB. I pay bills like this using internet banking. And since thinking about this I can't remember ever getting one for here. I know for sure that I called them when we moved in as the lady got me to check the meter for readings.
    I suppose my query is where do I stand here? Obviously the first thing to do is call them and get the ball rolling but I am worried that I am going to be hit with a huge bill - 15 months worth!! Given that I see this as a fault on their part will I be able to spread the payments out? Do I have the grounds to request this? Will they demand full payment? I probably should have realised this before now and don't know how I didn't but it was genuinely missed.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well if they noticed you would have gotten a bill long before now for it!! They wouldn't let it build up that much!! Just ring them explain that there is a fault somewhere in the billing area nad you are trying to rectify it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

jonny24ie wrote:
    Well if they noticed you would have gotten a bill long before now for it!! They wouldn't let it build up that much!! Just ring them explain that there is a fault somewhere in the billing area nad you are trying to rectify it!!
    And if it turns out that you do have to pay the arrears then I think you should be able to work something out where you split the payments over the following years bills so you don't have to pay it all in one go if you don't want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭skye

Just spoke to them. Very helpful lady - gave her my meter number and she said my bill was going to the neighbour 2 doors away!! I know this lady so went over to talk to her about it and she said she has been getting the wrong bill all this time also - for a man in a different estate, not mine at all!! She then spoke to the ESB lady and told her she has been trying to sort this out for a year - total madness....So although they have my meter on the system it is registered to a man in a neighbouring estate with a different house number and name.

So, I now have to wait until they sort out this mess. My neighbour told me that this is the case for several houses in the estate. Will see what happens now and hope for the best. Thanks for the replies !!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I had similar problem , in the same building.:mad: The ESB were spot on but it did take over three months to get it straightened out. In my case I got a refund.
    Keep on it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭skye

is_that_so wrote:
    I had similar problem , in the same building.:mad: The ESB were spot on but it did take over three months to get it straightened out. In my case I got a refund.
    Keep on it. :)

What do you mean you got a refund? Surely there is quite a sum of money here which I have not paid?

• Advertisement
Advertisement