Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy...

• 18-12-2006 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My girlfriend likes writing letters in the old fashioned way (pen and paper) and I'm trying to find some sort of letter writing set for her. Something like a jewelry box but for your letters, envelopes, pens etc.
    I'v tried a few arts and crafts places and Eason, but the closest I could find was this little "teddy bear" letter writing set in Eason. Anyone have any ideas where to find such a thing?

Thanks,
    Bacchus

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

there's a little side street between teh coal quay and north main st. can't remember teh name of the shop but it does a lot of stuff for weddings, things like costume jewelery and thank you notes. They have a lot of writing stuff if that might help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Try Vibes and Scribes art shop on Lavitt's Quay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Thanks for the tips. I'll check em out tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Slightly further afield: The Pen Corner

Can't believe how hard it is to find a decent stationary/letter writing box. Vibes and Scribes had a few things in there. Not quite what I'm looking for but definitly a step in the right direction. I'll figure something out. Cheers for the help anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

try a place near clancy's bar, called joyce's. they do alot of art and craft stuff, wooden toys etc, but do some more stuff as well. also there is an art shop just down the street from it and they might have something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

There's a little gift shop at the end of Oliver Plunkett Street, Parnell Place end. It's fairly close to Victoria's Antiques. But if you look in the front window they actually have a lovely boxed Quill set - they have different styles of them in the shop. I got one for my bf a few months ago. It's in a lovely box too. I would say the price -but if he saw this, he'd know how much I spent - so can't!!! But I can't remember the name of the shop - just look in the window! J

Hey, thanks again for the suggestions. I headed out to Mahon Point last night and found a nice stationary box in Eason there. It wasn't ideal but it was close enough so I got it. Might have a look at your suggestion later though Judes. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

I assumed he meant the one on Bridge St as it is right across from Lavitt's Quay. That's where I went anyway. It's just on the corner before Maccurtain St.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

there's a crafty vibes and scribes next to the new branch of the triskel, if you walk from the opera house to the coal quay along the quays you'll see it.

jack's a girl btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Is there a V&S on lavitts quay? thought the only one was Bridge st?

All the arts and crafts stuff has been moved to the new shop near the Opera house. Which I only remembered when I couldn't find the book I wanted in the one on bridge Street!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Bacchus wrote:
    I assumed he meant the one on Bridge St as it is right across from Lavitt's Quay. That's where I went anyway. It's just on the corner before Maccurtain St.

She did indeed mean the one on Lavitt's Quay. As I am merciful, I will forgive you this once. But only this once, the next time there shall be smiting! :D
    And now if someone would oblige me by extricating me from my own ass, I would be most grateful :o

Advertisement