Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on song and advice on production direction wanted

Options
  • 18-12-2006 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I recorded this on an extremely basic set up and am going to do it again now on on a far superior set up at home. It was a bit of an experiment with mixing such high keybaord pads and I think I'm going to re-do it in a vein that is more acoustic but still has warmth, depth and texture. Any thoughts and feedback are much welcome.

Is She Real

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I'm no expert, I'm a music lover and no more but I really enjoyed that. There's a melancholy in the voice that really works with the song. I'd love to hear some more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Wow. Just wow. The only thing I would have done differently would have been to use less synthetic sounds (something along the lines of EWQL's Symphonic Orchestra would sound fantastic) but thats not a criticism on the sounds there. I absolutely love the arrangement and the vocals are really top notch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Carrigsound

I loaded it into Nuendo for listening back.

During the chorus I would turn down the backing vocals quite a bit and give them lots of reverb to make them more dreamlike. An eq boost at 3khz gives the lead vocal a more intimate sound, and a small cut at about 6.5khz reduces the sibilance.

I'm not fond of the drum sounds, maybe using different samples might be better?

Could this ideal fodder for some fretless bass?

Just some thoughts.

BTW, I like the song.

Cheers Liam.

Advertisement