Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question for the ladies, have you ever ****blocked a friend?

• 18-12-2006 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

After having a sure thing with a girl messed up by her friend, I'm a little upset :mad: Back at the house, her friend wouldn't leave us alone till about 4 in the morning by which time I was too wrecked to do anything. What made it worse was she was ignoring her boyfriend who lived up the street to block my attempts to get some action :eek:

So leaving aside cases where your friend may be very drunk, have you ever prevented a friend (whos single) from having sex with a guy? A guy would be crucified if he acted in the same manner. In my case, she didn't want her friend to act like a slut??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Was her friend morbidly obese?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'd never do that...unless my friend had cornered me & said 'please don't leave me alone with this guy' in which case I'd have no problem being the bítch who prevented you having a ride :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 moto2006

Nope, never done it and unless I thought someone was very drunk I wouldn't. If for some reason I thought they would regret it in the morning, maybe if I knew one of them had a OH, or something else I would probably say something to my friend when we had a second alone and if they took no notice I'd leave them to it. Any chance the friend was a bit jealous, or a bit drunk and oblivious that she was cramping your style?

Edited to agree with miamee, maybe it wasn't as sure a thing as you thought??? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

fade2black: her friend was actually better looking :eek:

miamee: very cynical :D I had met this girl before at halloween and without getting too graphic it would have been a fair bet to say sex was on the cards this time. I think it definetly was a case of the friend hanging around of her own accord.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

vorbis wrote:
    fade2black: her friend was actually better looking :eek:

miamee: very cynical :D I had met this girl before at halloween and without getting too graphic it would have been a fair bet to say sex was on the cards this time. I think it definetly was a case of the friend hanging around of her own accord.
    Cynical? Moi?? :D
    Maybe she didn't want to shag you but knew if her friend left her alone she wouldn't be able to resist your charm ;)

clutching at straws here...maybe her friend thought she was doing her a favour. I dunno!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

i remember a time when this happened to me, ("just once?" I hear you cry), essentially i was at some drinks after rehearsals and chatting with this lovely girl, and then another girl, (her friend), more or less materialised out of nowhere. Things had been going rather swimmingly with the first girl, and then suddenly the second just appeared out of nowhere and started demanding my attention.

I was giving out yards about this the next day, (I was in a funny place back then), and one of my best mates said, "....so basically you're whinging like a little bitch about the fact that two women were chasing you last night..."

Case dismissed!

In actualy resposne to the OP though, I think whereas most guys know they'd be rent limb from limb for the kind of carry on you describe that doesn't see to apply to a lot of women. i dunno if it's just a massive difference in perspective or simply that tey won't openly bitch T each other and so more or less have carte blanche with the man-menu...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

miamee wrote:
    I'd never do that...unless my friend had cornered me & said 'please don't leave me alone with this guy' in which case I'd have no problem being the bítch who prevented you having a ride :D

Ditto, lol. Seems very odd that she wouldn't take the hint - was the girl you were into actually telling her to go? Seems strange that she would hang about if she knew her friend didn't want her to....sorry. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Threesome???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Sometimes girls have a prior agreement with each other before going out to a pub or club. "You come together, you leave together." Especially when drink is involved. This protects them from the one-night-stand predators that just want to score and don't give a da*m about the girl as a person, or what feelings she may have. It also reduces the chance of date r*pe, where some lad gets drunk and won't take "No!" for an answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Sometimes girls have a prior agreement with each other before going out to a pub or club. "You come together, you leave together." Especially when drink is involved. This protects them from the one-night-stand predators that just want to score and don't give a da*m about the girl as a person, or what feelings she may have. It also reduces the chance of date r*pe, where some lad gets drunk and won't take "No!" for an answer.

Would they not be better off just staying at home?:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I'd seriously have to choke a bitch...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Bambi wrote:
    Would they not be better off just staying at home?:p
    Oh, does that mean that all girls that go to have a drink, dance, and fun at a pub or club have to assume that they have to pay more than the price of a drink? Get real!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I had a "friend" who did that to me- she sat there til 5 in the morning til your man gave up. And yes, she is morbidly obese! And also always came over and slagged me off in front of any lad that talked to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Nala wrote:
    I had a "friend" who did that to me- she sat there til 5 in the morning til your man gave up. And yes, she is morbidly obese! And also always came over and slagged me off in front of any lad that talked to me.
    She's just jealous and is stopping you from getting any action because she can't.

(psycholanalysis 101)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

actually thats a good idea.. also might i add,
    This protects them from the one-night-stand predators that just want to score and don't give a da*m about the girl as a person, or what feelings she may have.

anyone like this, is a wanker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Sometimes girls have a prior agreement with each other before going out to a pub or club. "You come together, you leave together." Especially when drink is involved. This protects them from the one-night-stand predators that just want to score and don't give a da*m about the girl as a person, or what feelings she may have.

Don't you mean "We try and stop each other from acting like the drunken, irresponsible sluts that we really are deep down inside"? Why is it always the man's fault when a woman goes out, gets drunk and opens her legs? :rolleyes:

anyone like this, is a wanker.

What? Women have one night stands by choice too, you know. My God. What is this? The misandrist prude forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

In short, yes I have stayed in the way before at the request of my friend who didn't know how to say "no" and make him understand that she meant it but still wanted to hang out with him. If the girl you were wanting to shag didn't move her friend along then I'd say you have your answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

daiixi, what do you mean your friend didn't know how to say no?? The word "no" tends to work well for most women. I'd say your friend didn't want to look like a slut in front of her friends. The girl I was with could have done more to move along the friend, but I thought the friend in all fairness would head off with her boyfriend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

How prim and proper of you not to just get on with it in front of the buddy. Show her the stuff that she can have next weekend if she plays her cards right...

• Advertisement

Laslo wrote:
    What? Women have one night stands by choice too, you know. My God. What is this? The misandrist prude forum?
    Sure, some women go out for one night stands, but then again, others would like to just go out for fun and not feel obligated to put out for any bloke that comes along wanting some action. Everyone is different. Girls are not clones. Hey, just because everyone does not agree with you, does that make them wrong? You asked for opinions? Or were you looking for something else?

Laslo wrote:

yes they do, they're also equally as bad. (ps. im male btw.)

but anyone who just wants a quick fook and run, imo are just ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

yes they do, they're also equally as bad. (ps. im male btw.)

but anyone who just wants a quick fook and run, imo are just ****.

marry me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

harsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

if the girl you were into didnt try get rid of her friend then the two of them were in on the plan, girls do that. doesnt mean the girl doesnt like maybe just didnt want to have sex with you straight away - were not all sluts:p

Laslo wrote:
    Don't you mean "We try and stop each other from acting like the drunken, irresponsible sluts that we really are deep down inside"? Why is it always the man's fault when a woman goes out, gets drunk and opens her legs? :rolleyes:

actually it is the mans fault, for taking advantage of that situation.

now grow up and have some ****ing respect for women... immature so and so...

Sure, some women go out for one night stands, but then again, others would like to just go out for fun and not feel obligated to put out for any bloke that comes along wanting some action.

Yeah, and nobody's forcing them to. You're missing the point entirely.
    Everyone is different. Girls are not clones. Hey, just because everyone does not agree with you, does that make them wrong? You asked for opinions? Or were you looking for something else?

Seriously. What are you talking about? Go back and read this thread and stop making irrelevant, nonsensical statements.

actually it is the mans fault, for taking advantage of that situation.

Are you kidding me? If a woman goes out and gets drunk and has consentual sex with someone, it's his fault? Is that what you're saying? That a man that has sex with a slutty woman is, essentially, a rapist? You seem to be a man-hater of the most deplorable kind.
    now grow up and have some ****ing respect for women...

I have plenty of respect for women. It's women who have no respect for themselves and yet who blame men for their own promiscuous and irresponsible behaviour that I have a problem with.
    immature so and so...

Why? Why am I immature? What have I said that is so without merit?

My point being that women who get drunk and screw about have nobody to blame but themselves. Regretting your actions the next day and making the man out to be in the wrong (or even accusing him of rape) makes you as bad as a rapist. Simple as that.

Just because I think women should be responsible for their own actions doesn't mean I don't respect them. It means I do respect them. If you can't see that then you're not very bright.

Laslo wrote:
    Are you kidding me? If a woman goes out and gets drunk and has consentual sex with someone, it's his fault? Is that what you're saying? That a man that has sex with a slutty woman is, essentially, a rapist? You seem to be a man-hater of the most deplorable kind.
    yes i absolutly am a man hater, OMG I HATE MYSELF! NOEZ!

just because a woman gets herself into such a state where she doesnt know what the hell she's at, doesnt mean that the guy isint taking advantage of that situation, i mean its not like once a woman says "Yes" you HAVE to have sex..
    Why? Why am I immature? What have I said that is so without merit?
    Laslo wrote:
    Don't you mean "We try and stop each other from acting like the drunken, irresponsible sluts that we really are deep down inside"? Why is it always the man's fault when a woman goes out, gets drunk and opens her legs?
    to be honest i think that was a very unfair immature flame at blue.

Just because I think women should be responsible for their own actions doesn't mean I don't respect them. It means I do respect them. If you can't see that then you're not very bright.

hey thats all well and good, but what im saying is its not like the guy has to just have sex with a woman if she wants to. heck, if i was ever in a situation where the woman was in such a state where she'd say yes to anything, i would take her home and make sure she's ok for the night instead of having sex with her, then run off the next day, leaving them to think "oh ****.."

that, is what i would consider having respect for them.

• Advertisement

yes i absolutly am a man hater, OMG I HATE MYSELF! NOEZ!

just because a woman gets herself into such a state where she doesnt know what the hell she's at, doesnt mean that the guy isint taking advantage of that situation, i mean its not like once a woman says "Yes" you HAVE to have sex..

to be honest i think that was a very unfair immature flame at blue.

hey thats all well and good, but what im saying is its not like the guy has to just have sex with a woman if she wants to. heck, if i was ever in a situation where the woman was in such a state where she'd say yes to anything, i would take her home and make sure she's ok for the night instead of having sex with her, then run off the next day, leaving them to think "oh ****.."

that, is what i would consider having respect for them.

Right, well we're talking about completely different things then. I'm talking about a woman who's maybe had a little too much to drink and then makes a decision to sleep with someone and ends up regretting it. You seem to be talking about a girl who's passed out from drink and some guy takes advantage of her. One is a girl being irresponsible (or not) and the other is rape. Are arguments aren't comprable. But I'm still right.

no.. im pretty sure we're talking about the same thing. a little too much to drink is irresponsible yes, but for some people they can end up saying yes to anything.

you're still not getting my point,

just because a woman wants to have sex because she's in a drunken state, doesnt mean the guy has to say yes also.

also i never mentioned passed out.

Laslo wrote:
    Seriously. What are you talking about? Go back and read this thread and stop making irrelevant, nonsensical statements.
    No, I am not missing the point, given the wording, tone, and context of your replies.

Laslo wrote:

I don't think that is what was meant. There are girls who are niave & not very wordly wise & would think some charmer trying to get into their knickers was a lovely lad who actually fancied them & was saying these things because they genuinely meant it, rather than being a sleezy scumbag. There are predators out there that ply those kinds of girls with drink with the express purpose of trying to push things as far as they can, surely you can't deny that? The very fact women often make a pact not to be left alone with a guy shows how aware of the potential situation they are.

It's not always a case of a woman being the slut she always wanted to be, tho I'm sure that may be the case with some - more like the attention they get, plus the alcohol, plus the excitement, etc, can make them do things they would very definately regret in the morning or even make them silly enough to put themselves in dangerous situations - the friend keeping an eye out for another is a very good way of stopping that from happening. And no, it's not "always" the man's fault - but there are a proportion of predatory-type men going out with the express purpose of getting laid & will say anything to anyone if they think it will help them to do that.

no.. im pretty sure we're talking about the same thing. a little too much to drink is irresponsible yes, but for some people they can end up saying yes to anything.

you're still not getting my point,

just because a woman wants to have sex because she's in a drunken state, doesnt mean the guy has to say yes also.

also i never mentioned passed out.

Okay so what you are saying is that, in a drunken sexual encounter, it's the mans fault if the woman says it is. Because that seems to be exactly what you're saying.

No, I am not missing the point, given the wording, tone, and context of your replies.

No, you're actually talking complete and utter nonsense to be fair.

• Advertisement

Laslo wrote:
    Okay so what you are saying is that, in a drunken sexual encounter, it's the mans fault if the woman says it is. Because that seems to be exactly what you're saying.

no, i never said "because the woman says it is"

in my opinion any man that takes advantage of a woman in a drunken state its the mans fault for taking advantage.

and i'd advise you to read other people's posts a bit more carefully before you tell them to stop talking nonsense.
    Sure, some women go out for one night stands, but then again, others would like to just go out for fun and not feel obligated to put out for any bloke that comes along wanting some action.

what she meant, was that Some women may want to go out to get laid, but then others can go out having no intention of having sex, yet they may at some point in the night consume too much alcohol, and because they're too drunk at that point to know what they're doing, will end up having sex with someone, when in the end they had no intention of it. like you said to me,

If you cant see that, then you're not very bright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

so if a drunk man has sex with a drunk woman, the man is taking advantage? (if they were in a club/pub.party in ireland it is a reasonalbe to assume they are both pissed)
    stop being so bloody sexist.

I don't think that is what was meant. There are girls who are niave & not very wordly wise & would think some charmer trying to get into their knickers was a lovely lad who actually fancied them & was saying these things because they genuinely meant it, rather than being a sleezy scumbag.

Okay. So... girl who has sex = innocent victim who's not very worldly and wise. Guy who has sex with her = sleazy dirty scumbag. Sounds like man-hating nonsense to me. :rolleyes:
    There are predators out there that ply those kinds of girls with drink with the express purpose of trying to push things as far as they can, surely you can't deny that?

I don't deny that. By the same count, there are women out there who have scores of sex partners every year by choice. I don't think there's a point to be made here at all.
    It's not always a case of a woman being the slut she always wanted to be, tho I'm sure that may be the case with some - more like the attention they get, plus the alcohol, plus the excitement, etc, can make them do things they would very definately regret in the morning

Live and learn then. Just don't go blaming men.
    the friend keeping an eye out for another is a very good way of stopping that from happening.

I'm not saying it isn't. And if it's a system that works, then that's great.
    And no, it's not "always" the man's fault - but there are a proportion of predatory-type men going out with the express purpose of getting laid & will say anything to anyone if they think it will help them to do that.

Yeah. They're usually fairly easy to spot. Just ignore them.

in my opinion any man that takes advantage of a woman in a drunken state its the mans fault for taking advantage.

What if they're both as drunk as each other? Maybe the man regrets it just as much the next day. And I am reading your posts properly. I just don't agree with your sexist illogical argument.

You're a man, right? Have you ever slept with a girl you didn't find attractive and regretted it the next day? I have. Does this mean it was her fault for being a disgusting pervert? Was I raped? Should I go to the Gardaí? :rolleyes: No, I'll just put it down to bad experience and learn from it. Like a mature, responsible adult.

I don't think that is what was meant. There are girls who are niave & not very wordly wise & would think some charmer trying to get into their knickers was a lovely lad who actually fancied them & was saying these things because they genuinely meant it, rather than being a sleezy scumbag. There are predators out there that ply those kinds of girls with drink with the express purpose of trying to push things as far as they can, surely you can't deny that? The very fact women often make a pact not to be left alone with a guy shows how aware of the potential situation they are.
    Exactly!

• Advertisement

ferdi wrote:
    so if a drunk man has sex with a drunk woman, the man is taking advantage? (if they were in a club/pub.party in ireland it is a reasonalbe to assume they are both pissed)
    stop being so bloody sexist.

i was actually reffering to a man who was still quite aware of what he's doing.

if the two are totally pissed then hey.. i guess its just slutty behaviour. but it stands that women sticking together watching out for eachother, isint as Laslo stated "we'll try stop eachother from being the sluts we are ... etc"

its one friend looking out for another who's just had a little too much to drink and could get herself into a situation she'll later regret, as she had no intention of having sex that night.

like others mentioned, if the woman really wanted to have sex, then she would have moved her friend.

Laslo wrote:
    Okay. So... girl who has sex = innocent victim who's not very worldly and wise. Guy who has sex with her = sleazy dirty scumbag. Sounds like man-hating nonsense to me.

You are being silly now. I was obviously referring to a certain type of man who is not drunk, does not genuinely like the girl, he just wants a shag & will try to charm the girl, get her drunk, etc, etc...that is most definately a sleeze & I know you know the type of man I'm referring to. No man hating about it. You can't deny these guys exist & I think all the posts I've seen you attack are just trying to explain why the friend might have stayed...

I don't think people are talking about your average joe who sees a girl, fancies her & moves in for a snog & whatever else...those aren't the kind of men that drive friends to close ranks & to try & prevent their pals being taken advantage of but unfortunately men can get tarred with the same brush when drink is involved & motives cannot be proven. Predatory men who are often not drunk at all & are deliberately taking advantage of a drunk girl are the ones I think these posts are referring to, not suggesting the OP was in any way trying to take advantage, or indeed that all men do - just pointing out that some do & that is why some females agree not to leave each other during a night out.

You are right, the same is true in reverse it is just that statistics & a quirk of biology means it tends to happen to women by men...which I think is why you tend not to find gangs of men watching each others backs for predatory women only out for one thing - tho I've no doubt they also do exist.:)

i was actually reffering to a man who was still quite aware of what he's doing.

We seem to be making a lot of assumptions here. Generally people who have had a few drinks are aware of what they're doing although will a lot of the time do things that they will later regret. Both men and women.

If we're going to engineer situations then the least we can do is give the man the benefit of the doubt and not assume that he's a rapist or whatever.
    i guess its just slutty behaviour. but it stands that women sticking together watching out for eachother, isint as Laslo stated "we'll try stop eachother from being the sluts we are ... etc"

If you need your friends to stop you from sleeping around because you've got too much drink on you then you need to stop drinking to be perfectly honest.
    its one friend looking out for another who's just had a little too much to drink and could get herself into a situation she'll later regret, as she had no intention of having sex that night.

Or is it one friend being jealous? Or one friend being interfering? Who knows. Again, your hypothetical situations are fine. But let's not keep making assumptions here.
    like others mentioned, if the woman really wanted to have sex, then she would have moved her friend.

I can't really comment on the OP's specific sitation considering I wasn't there but, again, in theory your argument is sound enough.

You are being silly now. I was obviously referring to a certain type of man who is not drunk, does not genuinely like the girl, he just wants a shag & will try to charm the girl, get her drunk, etc, etc...that is most definately a sleeze & I know you know the type of man I'm referring to. No man hating about it. You can't deny these guys exist & I think all the posts I've seen you attack are just trying to explain why the friend might have stayed...
    Agree. Exactly my point, no misunderstanding about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You are being silly now. I was obviously referring to a certain type of man

yeah, a nice big straw man :rolleyes:

Laslo wrote:
    If you need your friends to stop you from sleeping around because you've got too much drink on you then you need to stop drinking to be perfectly honest.
    i think thats a bit unrealistic there, im sure at sometimes almost everyone gets themselfs into a situation where they've accidentally got a little bit too much drink on them.
    oh and also i dont drink.
    Or is it one friend being jealous? Or one friend being interfering? Who knows. Again, your hypothetical situations are fine. But let's not keep making assumptions here.
    well considering we've had about 2-3 females post on this thread saying its the norm thing to do with girls, to make sure they're safe for the night, i didnt think i was assuming anything.
    I can't really comment on the OP's specific sitation considering I wasn't there but, again, in theory your argument is sound enough.
    tnx.

and just one last thing to add. what have you thought my age was up until now? because you're going to be surprised here .
    IM 15!

Bambi wrote:
    Was it the one without the heart? Although appropriate, no, come to think of it, in the "Wizard of Oz" film it was the one without the brain.

i think thats a bit unrealistic there, im sure at sometimes almost everyone gets themselfs into a situation where they've accidentally got a little bit too much drink on them.

Yeah. Both men and women. That's my point.
    well considering we've had about 2-3 females post on this thread saying its the norm thing to do with girls

Maybe for kids, yeah.
    and just one last thing to add. what have you thought my age was up until now? because you're going to be surprised hereIM 15!

I'm not surprised in the least. Your opinion seems to be based on limited experience so it makes perfect sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

vorbis wrote:
    daiixi, what do you mean your friend didn't know how to say no?? The word "no" tends to work well for most women. I'd say your friend didn't want to look like a slut in front of her friends. The girl I was with could have done more to move along the friend, but I thought the friend in all fairness would head off with her boyfriend!
    *sigh* some people just don't seem to know how to say "no" or in fact articulate many things. Just because you and your friends don't have this problem does not mean that it doesn't exist. I'm not saying that this was the case I was just answering the question as to whether I've been the friend in the way before and explained why. As to whether myf riend cared about looking like a slut? Well that could be a possibility depending on the girl, not an issue with my friend though. I don't judge my friends like that and I worry if you do.

Bambi wrote:

Are you seriously refuting such men exist? Refuting that women have nothing to fear from any man (not all men - I said any man), that there is no such thing as predatory men & so woman are going around in groups or making pacts not to leave each other alone for absolutely no reason & my explanation why they do is just rhetorical fallacy? Honestly? :eek::confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement