Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question for the ladies, have you ever ****blocked a friend?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Lurk

There are also plenty of lassies who don't want to have sex with strangers but do want to have a few drinks, and who agree with their mates beforehand that they'll stick together for the night (just to avoid having to say "I was drunk, I would never normally do that!" the following morning).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Aoife-FM104

Hi Lurk

Yeah that's grand, I have done that myself. But I think the OP is talking about girls who intentionally try to ruin some action from happening!

For example, I have a friend who won't let one of my hornier friends go home with guys. She'll do whatever she can to ruin it. And no she's not a fattie! She's very good looking, but gets jealous of my friend getting male attention.

Quite sad really!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Lurk

Grand stuff. Unfortunately, the OP assumed that the girl was interested in some action and that it was her friend who prevented it. It's a pity we can't ask her what the situation was on her side (and whether she can even remember who he was).
    For example, I have a friend who won't let one of my hornier friends go home with guys. She'll do whatever she can to ruin it. And no she's not a fattie! She's very good looking, but gets jealous of my friend getting male attention.
    That's jolly well not nice and actually a bit mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

Lurk, you're very good at assuming stuff about me, pity you're not so good at reading. I've already mentioned that I'd met this girl once before the night in question.

Thank you Aoife! Any guy who's ever gone out has met with girls like this. The insistence of some people in this thread that they don't exist (i.e. girls would never cockblock for jealous reasons) was a bit bizarre.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Thaedydal wrote:

American squawking is not English ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭.:Who:.

I myself have ****blocked for a friend on request but only in the case where they have given me "that look" of get him outta here!! And I also have given my friends that look, alot of the time when another girl (the friend) is blocking you and not allowing you any room to get into their friend it is usually under the order of the friend. Girls do this so they wont look like bitches to the guys who are trying to chat them up.
    On the occasion where the girl has already been with the guy either kisses them or whatever, rather than getting your friend to butt and make it impossible for the guy to follow up, girls get a set off balls and if you are not interested in the guy tell them yourself, don't be getting your friend to do the dirty work!

And just a note to all girls: If you ever have the misfortune of going to Coppers, forget relying on your friends or even your best efforts in trying to get away from the unwanted advances of guys, my excuse grab your coat and go some where good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Fair play to Aoife-FM104! :D

Someone that acknowleges here that women are free thinking, sexual beings that may (shock, horror :eek: ) like a one nighter!

And that there exists a portion of women that like to c0ckblock just to be a b*tch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Crucify ... etc :D

Fair play to Aoife-FM104! :D

Someone that acknowleges here that women are free thinking, sexual beings that may (shock, horror :eek: ) like a one nighter!

And that there exists a portion of women that like to c0ckblock just to be a b*tch.
    Quoting for truth before feminists and prepubescents rip it apart.

I am a feminist, a proper feminist, not the kind who thinks women are incapable of having sex without being manipulted by men.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

For example, I have a friend who won't let one of my hornier friends

It's ok to say slut ya know. :p

sjones wrote:
    It's ok to say slut ya know. :p

HA! Well slut has negative connotations... but if you mean it as "someone who ****s a lot" then yes, she's a slut!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

fade2black wrote:
    Was her friend morbidly obese?

hahaha

I am a feminist, a proper feminist, not the kind who thinks women are incapable of having sex without being manipulted by men.
    Pardon my French; it's easy to associate feminism with man-hating thanks to some of it's more extremist proponents. Same as religious extremism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Thaedydal wrote:
    so what if it is nonstandard I am too.

That's completely unimpossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

To be fair, no-one said either of those things....there have been people pointing out why women stay put even when their friend is getting some action & came to the conclusion that they thought it fairly unlikely that the lass just couldn't wait to rip of Verbis's pants yet couldn't find it in her heart to ask her friend to give her some privacy to do so...

I know women are free thinking, sexual beings - I'm one of them. I've had one night stands, I've had guys trying to pressurise me into turning a snog into a shag, I've begged a friend under no circumstances is she to leave me with this guy who just won't take the hint that there is no way on earth I am getting naked with him, but he is quite cute & funny.

I have to assume that there may be a proportion of women who try to block a friend from getting any out of jealousy but then I'd have to ask what age are the girls that they are incapable of asking for some privacy & telling their friend to *iss off if their company was not wanted and as I've never met a girl who had any trouble getting any - I'm not sure what they'd be jealous of.

I imagine (not as a man hater, not as a prude, perhaps just because I'm an old fart whose been round the block a couple of times) that in the majority of cases a "friend" will stay put & endure seeing/hearing their pal slurping on a guys face only if the friend begged them to stay.

Any woman who wants to be alone with a man & can't summon up the courage to tell her pal to hop it, hasn't grown up enough to deserve a sex life - or needs to have the balls to tell the guy to sling his hook, rather than snogging the face off him for 12hrs in hope he'll give up & go home, lol. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 girl25

I kinda stopped my friend once but out of looking out for her no other reason. She faniced this fella and asked me to check him out the next time we were all out see what he was like as she was quite shy and i m quite nosy lol and ppl tend to tell me there life stories, i got sitting beside him one nite and out of no where he told me about having a**l sex with girls by putting butter on his penis and that he never ever uses condoms so i just let her know what was said and let her make up her own mind. dont know if that really counts now as stopping her thou

Advertisement