Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchsing Bait & gear online

Options
  • 18-12-2006 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

Anyone experience of buying fishing gear & bait online in Ireland ?

Delivery charge seems to be the killer when buying from the UK, so I'd be interested in any Irish experience ?

Andi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Yes and no, I've bought stuff from Anglers World but I tend just to phone them when I have a big list of stuff I need, mostly I'd tend to be ordering a big ball of bait, they've a standard charge of €10 as they only use a courier.

Its actually cheaper to order bits n pieces from the UK, if its small stuff places like http://www.tacklebox.co.uk/ and https://secure.tackleshop.co.uk/ as they'll just charge the basic postage of the stuff, so its fairly cheap to get a jiffy bag full of rig bits etc from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I've used Anglers World adn can heartily reccomend them.
    Wasn't buying bait but I did get a rake of big plastic lures and a reel.

All arrived promptly within 2 working days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 batman1998

i use mactakle . based in Dublin and very quick and very competitive too. They dont do bait though . just put in an order for rigs and traces for me piking over the xmas. phoned them and I will have them tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

i used harris angling before - they were quite good..but buying spinners can be a lottery.
    I ended up with the biggest spinner i have ever seen, and the tiniest mepps i have ever seen...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

some good deals on ebay sometimes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

What bait could you buy online apart from ground bait?

I got a great deal on 100 genie clips on ebay, but generally don't get much online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Blub2k4 wrote:
    What bait could you buy online apart from ground bait?

Anything that isn't fresh so particles, pellets, tinned stuff, shelf life boilies, pop-ups etc.

Advertisement