Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get decent knives in dublin?

• 18-12-2006 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there,

I just moved to Dublin about a month ago, and was wondering if there's any place around, where I could get some decent chef knives (mac, global, victorinox, wusthof etc.)?

I am aware of the many internet sellers, but I was hoping to try and hold one in my hand, before making any expensive and possibly stupid decisions.

Thanks,
    Janne

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Have a search of this very forum this subject has come up a few times before and if I remember some good advice was given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jannel

Nope.

Didn't help me. I only found answers advising to look from eBay, Amazon, and other online stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The search function is a bit useless at the moment. :(

There are the usual places like Kitchen Complements in Chatham Street and Stock which is on the corner if you carry on down Chatham Street a bit further. I can't really say what brands they stock off hand. On the other side of Chatham St there's a shop that sells lots of WMF stuff .. don't know whether they do knives too.

In the other threads, someone (where's Shabadu when you need her?) mentioned a place that supplied the catering trade, which is where most chefs got their stuff, but I can't remember where it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

Sweeny of Rourke on Pearse street used to be the main Catering supplier for Cathal Brugha street Catering college ect, not sure if they are still there or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Aye, that was the one alright .. a quick Google reveals -> http://www.sweeneyorourke.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Xmorpheus

Musgrave do some fairly decent catering supplies as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

i find tk maxx can be very good for household stuff, and i've bought some great knives there before. i normally shop in the one in derry or donegal, but there's one in st stephens green centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

There's also a chunk of kitchen stores (or there were, up to a few years ago) up around Chatham Street in Dublin. Definitely pick up some of the Solingen makes (Dreisach / Wusthof) there. Victorinox too, if memory serves.

Advertisement