Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite Dish Rule

Options
  • 18-12-2006 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Friends;

Following the long discuessions about the satellite Dish rule, I would like to get a feeling for how many other people in Charlesland would like to have satellite Dish as I do.

I am considering sending the results of the poll to the managment company to change this rule

Would you like to have a Satellite Dish??? or are you against the rule of not allowing the Satellite Dish??

Regards

Would you like to have a Satellite Dish?? 18 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 18 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 essentialjc

Yes Indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Firstly, this poll will have no standing with your management company on the basis that there is no way to ensure that everyone who casts a vote is a resident of your phase of Charlesland, or even a resident of Greystones.

Secondly, to the best of my knowledge, it would require the agreement of every single member of the management company for the rule to be changed. I know for a fact there is one strong objector to dishes in the Wood and would be greatly surprised if this wasn't also the case in the other phases.

I'm in favour, btw. Particularly in the light of the latest shennanigans by NTL.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

Yes u r correct; this would not be any value to the mangment company; but I thought it would be a good idea to c how many of us who would like to change this rule

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

you should also finds out who owns the cable going underground which is serving NTL at the moment

If this could be used then you could get sky supplied this way like I think broadworks are doing up the road in Edengate

otherwise Charlesland will start looking like LUCAN !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

formatman wrote:
    you should also finds out who owns the cable going underground which is serving NTL at the moment

If this could be used then you could get sky supplied this way like I think broadworks are doing up the road in Edengate

redistributing Sky via the cable network would not be straightforward - if the necessary equipment had been installed at the start, fine, but retrofitting it would probably be expensive and I doubt there'd be sufficient support to go ahead with it.

I have no problem with people having satellite dishes, though I think they should be encouraged to put them to the rear of their house where possible (this is what the planning laws say also, though these are widely ignored).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

unfortunatly guys you're wasting your time with this poll...
    charlesland has over 1500 dwellings which means 1500 votes would be necessary for this to have any effect.
    also you would have to prove that all of those votes are indeed charlesland residents.

also loyatemu is correct, it is infact against irish planning regulations to fit a satellite dish to the front of a house or roof without planning permission.

also please note:
    THE RESIDENTS COMMITTEES WILL BE SURVEYING ALL HOUSEHOLDS IN THE NEW YEAR ON CERTAIN ISSUES IN THE AREA, INCLUDING MANAGEMENT ISSUES, OF WHICH IM SURE THIS WILL BE ONE OF THE ISSUES

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I have to agree with formatman...the infrastructure is there to do underground cabling. Do NTL have exclusive rights over the underground ductwork?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

astrofluff wrote:
    I have to agree with formatman...the infrastructure is there to do underground cabling. Do NTL have exclusive rights over the underground ductwork?

Sky+ requires 4 cables
    Distributing it to multiple locations would require switching equipment and repeaters. I doubt all this is in place, and doubt it would be cheap to install.

I suspect NTL own the cable anyway.

Advertisement