Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the point of banning ppl?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

tba wrote:
    it should be stickied in humor
    :(

Maybe you think it's like the stuff in the humour forum, but I think I manage to be genuinely funny some of the time.

I'm not really working for any audience other than the bannee, and a lot of the better ones don't make much sense without the context of their deleted posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

whats the point of banning people

Its fun and makes your e-penis bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Welcome to Boards.ie Inc, your call is important to us please hold...............

/cue crap hold music

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

fade2black wrote:
    You wouldn't be illegally downloading episodes of South Park now would you? ;)
    lord no. i wouldn't do something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Giblet wrote:
    Charge 5 euro for an account and be done with it :)

That's not a bad idea, maybe make it so you have to pay by credit card when you sign up an account and have existing users pay a once off €5 by credit card too. It would eliminate 100% of the muppetry. Would also help with the upkeep of boards servers think about it 100,000 users by €5 = €500,000 wouldn't be any hardware/bandwidth problems with that kinda money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Lets turn boards into somethingawful forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

julep wrote:
    check out the attached picture.
    pay attention to "MacCleary" and MaCleary".
    Do ye' actually have a league of bastards? that makes me want to be an admin...

Oh yah, will you find NevF on the list and find out why he was banned from TCN....it was months ago...i dont care, just curious...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

The banlist only works on sitebans. Being banned from a forum just means that your access mask to the forum has been set to 'no'. As a result you see the no permission message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Lorax wrote:
    That's not a bad idea, maybe make it so you have to pay by credit card when you sign up an account and have existing users pay a once off €5 by credit card too. It would eliminate 100% of the muppetry. Would also help with the upkeep of boards servers think about it 100,000 users by €5 = €500,000 wouldn't be any hardware/bandwidth problems with that kinda money.

I never use this smiley....but you're worth it. :rolleyes:

Wow that sure showed me.

• Advertisement

Good stuff. Does that mean you're done posting elitest crap?

Not by a long shot ;)

You should request a forum for yourself so. I can think of a couple of people off the top of my head who'd vote in favour of it.

Im just as entitled as anyone as a user of this site to provide feedback. If ppl dont like or dont agree with my feedback then Ive no problem either, you dont see me fighting with anyone :)

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

you're all sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I dont see the problem with charging for all members but you would have to hav some other form of payment besides visa for those that don't have access to one. there would be no spamming or anything and who wont pay 5 euro a year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

User45701 wrote:
    ... and who wont pay 5 euro a year?
    You. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Christ could you imagine how many more people would demand their 'customer' rights if everyone had to pay!

You'd get retards coming out with 'Hey Mod, you can't ban me ... I PAY YOUR WAGES!!'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Wages? Where do I sign up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

User45701 wrote:
    who wont pay 5 euro a year?

*** Raises Hand ***

Hagar wrote:
    You. :D

Hey hey.....
    I am going to suscribe but you see i owe 4000 euro on a AIB visa and i have just maxed out a TSB visa by buying a 500 gig HD cause i ran out of space :(
    but i will suscribe hopefully before Jan1st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

User45701 wrote:
    i owe 4000 euro on a AIB visa and i have just maxed out a TSB visa

Is *that* why you're an asshole so? It all makes sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

HAs this been moved to the Thunderdome?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

nevf wrote:
    Do ye' actually have a league of bastards?
    I'm actually a bit annoyed about that. I compiled it a few times back when I was the s-mod with the highest ban count and posted it in the s-mod forum for a laugh, and then when I dropped below that top spot Regi made the automated version you can see at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/banlist.php

Boards trivia fans may want to know that the scores are inaccurate in that bans didn't used to have the person responsible recorded with them. This was back before the s-mods so our counts are correct but the admins all have lots more bans than are recorded there.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

yeah yeah, whatever
    /Aragorn

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Talliesin wrote:
    Boards trivia fans may want to know that the scores are inaccurate in that bans didn't used to have the person responsible recorded with them.

Yada, yada, yada
    blah, blah, blah

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Beruthiel wrote:
    Yada, yada, yada
    blah, blah, blah
    Shut up bitching and start making phone calls, slave!

sjones wrote:
    Is *that* why you're an asshole so? It all makes sense!

?

Anyway i had a look at "all threads created by sjones" and i didn't read them all clearly, but Firefox's find feature is quite good and i didn't see anything in your threads that you would be pissed off me for.

I know you mod AH but ive never done anything wrong there and i don't go to those other two forums. I don't suppose you want to pm me or else post links to me being an asshole?

I post what i believe and if i have a view i stick to it unless someone who is very good can convince me otherwise. I admit that i am in no way normal but i do not see how me having a completely unique point of view makes me an asshole, in fact its people saying similar things that make me take the views i have.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sjones, civility please.

As for the S-Mods taking the strain and helping the site, let me make it clear for the cheap seats.

We wouldnt have Boards.ie today if it werent for the S-Mods.

Honestly, I dont think that can be said enough times. We had an admin meeting last week where we were going through various points to be discussed and someone brought up S-Mods by saying "So, the S-Mods" which simply elicited a unanimous and involuntary "omg!" of appreciation from all of us with much hands thrown towards heaven. I dont think anyone will ever appreciate how much they do for the site.

DeV.

Advertisement