Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the point of banning ppl?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

DeVore wrote:
    I dont think anyone will ever appreciate how much they do for the site.

DeV.

I well believe that, fair play to them for giving up there time
    im off home from work now anyway, for those that watch american dad
    "happy holidays" :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

DeVore wrote:
    We wouldnt have Boards.ie today if it werent for the S-Mods.

Honestly, I dont think that can be said enough times. We had an admin meeting last week where we were going through various points to be discussed and someone brought up S-Mods by saying "So, the S-Mods" which simply elicited a unanimous and involuntary "omg!" of appreciation from all of us with much hands thrown towards heaven. I dont think anyone will ever appreciate how much they do for the site.

DeV.

Thanks Tom.
    It's nice to be appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Spam. And for the benefit of users on Feedback:One night a policewoman pulls over a drunk driver. She politely asks him to step out of his car. He willingly does so. She says, "Anything you say can and will be Held against you." He replies "BREASTS."

Top class. Do you take requests?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Evil Phil wrote:

I do, For a small fee....
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

No worries Tom.
    Evil Phil wrote:

Haha, that made me lol while on the phone to three clients. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

I dunno but does the €5 thing really is really are that much unbelievable? I mean I spent €20 the other day on pizza alone, and thought nothing of it, I dont think its that crazy to donate a little to a website that gives so much but doesnt ask for anything in return. Maybe if enough money is donated then we can bring back the old search? ;) Just a thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

€5 is a lot to the person who's going to be a stellar poster in 2 years time but right now is signing up just to make a small point about something and who won't post again for a couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It takes a long time to figure out the worth of this site and when you do, well you begin to wonder why you didn't figure it out sooner.

The admins here are ace, I've seen them handle some awful shyte and handle it well.

TBH I used to have my doubts about how the place was run but the more I see the more I understand.

The smods are, well, smods :D , just look at what they do day in, day out, just for the love of it. I've seen worse but not better.

To address the OP's question directly, it is so you can come on here and ask this question and get reasonable responses from resonable people.

'Ere!

What's with the newly competitive siteban messages?

Most of them have nothing to do with the banning. Where's the topicality? What is this, Family Guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

you thinks thats bad?

Remember that time I had a fried egg on my head?

• Advertisement

... flashback to tba having a fried egg on his head.

Paul Rankin is trying to convince people that tba is a good source of organic eggs.

Talliesin sitebans Paul Rankin for building a career out of talking about cooking when his only strength in this regard is being married to someone much more talented at it than he is. Talliesin leaves siteban message claiming the ban was because he didn't like that way of pronouncing "oregano".

Flashback ends...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

5 euro won't eliminate 100% muppetry. Sure, SA are raising their price to 15 dollars because it's not working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

In fairness, bubbles has paid alot more than 5 euro for access to the moderators forum. People will still troll if we brought in 5 euro per person. Next you'll be wanting to add a 1 cent charge per post!

Things are grand the way they are.

Advertisement