Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post Power-cut laptop crash

• 18-12-2006 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

Hi,
    after my dad cut off the power today, my sister's dell inspiron 510m wont start up properly, when turned on it loads up into the dell screen and when the progress bar reaches about 90% it crashes, completely wont respond to the keyboard or anything else,
    When I try and press F4 or F12 to go into setup/boot options it crashes before it gets there any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Is the laptop running off the mains or the battery? Try removing from the mains if so and see how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Passport wrote:
    Hi,
    after my dad cut off the power today, my sister's dell inspiron 510m wont start up properly, when turned on it loads up into the dell screen and when the progress bar reaches about 90% it crashes, completely wont respond to the keyboard or anything else,
    When I try and press F4 or F12 to go into setup/boot options it crashes before it gets there any ideas?

You may need to do a repair installation of Windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 vgulch

Hi. I'm searching very cheap lapptop.

Don't you want to sell your laptop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Look, vgulch - I appreciate you are eager and new around here, but please don't drag up every single thread with a broken laptop asking if the person will sell it.

As I said earlier, post a Wanted add on adverts.ie.

Really, i'm new here.
    Sorry for that.

Where is it "Wanted"

• Advertisement

sorry, i've found it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Passport wrote:
    Hi,

Its unlikely but there may have been a spike when the power went back on.

Advertisement