Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent Orders

• 18-12-2006 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

The British Army placed an order for 40 H&K rapid fire grenade launchers at a cost of approx UK£100,000 each.

Pretty impressive, massive firepower from a "cheap" jeep-mounted weapon.

Details here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Some pretty formidable hardware there.. wonder how it compares with what the Americans are using on their Humvees (aren't they starting to use remote control now though).

Also how are the Brits coping with using the Land rover in Iraq and Afghanistan. I assume it is much more nimble and quicker than a Humvee, but it is so open to be fired upon, and with all the Humvees that are being mangled by IEDs, i damn sure wouldn't like to be stalled in Traffic for too long. Or are the Brits even using Land Rovers in Iraq. Then again i assume they aren't as Lucrative a target as an American

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭elvis jaffacake

Some pretty formidable hardware there.. wonder how it compares with what the Americans are using on their Humvees (aren't they starting to use remote control now though).

Also how are the Brits coping with using the Land rover in Iraq and Afghanistan. I assume it is much more nimble and quicker than a Humvee, but it is so open to be fired upon, and with all the Humvees that are being mangled by IEDs, i damn sure wouldn't like to be stalled in Traffic for too long. Or are the Brits even using Land Rovers in Iraq. Then again i assume they aren't as Lucrative a target as an American
    the Brits use landies in Iraq, although they have started fitting them with applique armour, I still wouldn't like to be in one if an IED went off.

btw the Wing have been using the HK 40mm GMG for a while, great piecce of kit apprently
    arw354345big.jpg

Advertisement