Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Qashqai

Options
  • 18-12-2006 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Anyone seen the new qashqai. Apparently its shipping here early next year. Looks a little bit like a q7 from the front, but with a megane back on it. Hard to judge by the pics what it will be like. Interesting idea tho.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=1900

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

AdQashqai02.jpg

qashcardlx8.jpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

lol! funnily enough, it looks really nice in the first pic!

headlights a bit too "Kia Sportage" for my liking.
    sportage-front-side.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

It's a new take on the family hatch. Picks up on everything people like about SUVs - looks, practicality - without the many of the downsides.

It could be a segment-busting car along the lines of the original Megane Scenic...
    pburns wrote:
    headlights a bit too "Kia Sportage" for my liking.

The first Nissan in a long time that will have Toyota salesmen worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

It looks like a grown up Hyundai Accent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

pburns wrote:
    It's a new take on the family hatch. Picks up on everything people like about SUVs - looks, practicality - without the many of the downsides.

It could be a segment-busting car along the lines of the original Megane Scenic...

Anything is an improvement on the "well past it's sell by date" Almera.

Looks like Nissan are leaving the family car segments and concentrating more on SUV or niche type vehicles. They seem to have a very large SUV range these days.
    pburns wrote:

Probably not in Ireland anyway.

pburns wrote:

Murano part 2...

I read somewhere that Ireland and Spain are going to get a replacement for the Almera saloon (domestic Japanese model). Dunno if that's true but I'd be surprised if Nissan Ireland walk away from the car-hire/blue-rinse niche.

Nissan Tiida? suspiciously Megane Saloon car available in other markets like Australlia.
    nissan-tiida_latio-001.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭PokerChild

All gone.... 2,500 sold in under 5 weeks.

No more bar 10..till end of the year. the 1.5 DSL is the win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

What a stupid name for a car.

Stephen wrote:
    True.

I have been calling in the CashCow for 7 months :D

Beats a nomad tribe any day tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Stephen wrote:
    No worse than Stanza, Bluebird, Sunny, Maxima, X Trail, etc :eek:

PokerChild wrote:
    All gone.... 2,500 sold in under 5 weeks.
    No more bar 10..till end of the year. the 1.5 DSL is the win.

That can't be right!? I know of 2 people who have been for test-drives in the last couple of weeks and they've been told of a 4-5 weeks waiting list and no discounts (which must a welcome change for Nissan dealers!).

There were a couple of doubters in the replies above when I said this would be the Nissan that would get Toyota salesmen worried;) Auris me arse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

The Nissan Tiida has been available in Japan for two years now. There is also a hatchback version called the Verso in the U.S. The car that the almera was based on was the Bluebird sulphy and this car has been replaced by a new model so maybe its this car with a european face might be sold here instead of the Tiida?? I also read where the Qashqai will be exported to Japan (about 20,000 of them) and sold there as a Japanese domestic model with the sports mirror on the front passenger wing.

pburns wrote:
    That can't be right!? I know of 2 people who have been for test-drives in the last couple of weeks and they've been told of a 4-5 weeks waiting list and no discounts (which must a welcome change for Nissan dealers!).

A letter went out to all the Dealers this week informing them of the situation. Their (Nissan Ireland) whole allocation for the years is used up.

The 1.5dsl if far superior to the petrol version by the way. Worth the extra money from fuel savings alone. Handles a lot better too...for some reason?!?!

The Tilida btw is a bit brutal. Well the one I saw was!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Morrismurf

pburns wrote:

...bearing in mind that the salesman will always tell the customer what the customer wants to hear!...get the deposit then drip-feed the truth.

G Luxel wrote:
    The Nissan Tiida has been available in Japan for two years now. There is also a hatchback version called the Verso in the U.S.

I think the Hatchback may be called "Versa". "Verso" being a Toyota term!

Is the Tiida related to the Renault Megane at all, it shares a lot of styling with it.
    Nissan-Tiida.jpg
    Tiida-2.jpg

Advertisement